The goal of the Operations Manager is to lead and execute the operational strategy for a defined set of exhibitions and conferences in a manner that will drive the efficiency and growth of the products. Must have a “can-do” attitude and an open-minded approach to projects and ideas and provide strong customer and value-added service to our internal and external clients and partners.
You are accountable for:
Participate in an engaged and empowered team
- Collaborate on long and short-term goals for the group to support company, department and market vision
- Manage structured and unstructured communication to ensure clarity around group goals, identification of opportunities and challenges and tracking against timelines and show requirements
- Provide opportunities for growth, empowerment, accountability and cohesion of team
- Be an active participant in the Exhibition & Conference industry
- Develop an understanding of the markets we serve and deliver events congruent with these communities
- Oversee and monitor work flow, adjust load as necessary and appropriately resource for scale
Budget and manage operational expenses and revenues for optimal results
- Gather competitive proposals
- Negotiate with potential suppliers
- Submit annual budget, monthly forecasts and financial information on schedule and as needed with detail and accuracy
- Control show expenses while maintaining the best possible presentation and service
- Pay applicable vendors
- Follow centralized accounting and department process
Work closely with Show Teams to deliver consistently high performing products and services
- Meet defined timelines
- Always strive to “under promise and over deliver”
- Increase opportunities for revenue and profit growth
- Collaborate on development and enforcement of show policies
- Lead Health and Safety initiatives defined by Informa Safety Standards
Develop relationships with venues/vendors that facilitate efficient, effective achievement of product and client objectives
- Provide input for RFPs that addresses the unique needs of each event, i.e. costs, market need, program flow etc
- Communicate contract obligations and inclusions as appropriate to internal teams
- Be source for overall questions and clarification
- Develop relationships that support effective communication and exceptional results
- Evaluate vendor performance on an ongoing basis, proactively address opportunities
- Work as an interface to ensure show is professional, problems invisible to (most) internal and external customers
Operations defined as, but not limited to:
- Produce and maintain accuracy of vendor work orders (i.e. staffing, shuttles, child care, security, food & beverage, furniture, staging, etc)
- Produce and maintain accuracy of graphics and structures
- Overseeing conference production including AV requirements, room sets, schedules, speaker contracting, speaker payment processing and speaker ready room.
- Providing and proofing marketing content for the service kit, exhibitor enews and other related operations information
- Manage and maintain master timelines
- Train and manage onsite staffing
- Fulfill operations of events
- Manage inventory for exhibit hall and meeting space
- Obtain and maintain accuracy of floorplans, renderings
- Sponsorship deliverable fulfillment
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Manage General Show Production
- i.e. Info booths, publication circulation, guide/map distribution, recycling/compost programs, service areas (registration, offices, baggage check, shuttles, dishwashing stations, nursing, massage etc.), computer kiosks, press room, sales office, environmental initiatives, product showcases,
- Exhibit Hall
- i.e. Signage, carpet, waste management, kitchen clean-up, booth packages (non-profits, barters, partners), feature areas (café, lounges, theaters, etc.), food permit regulations, floorplan creation and management with proper fire marshal reviews.
- Meeting Rooms
- i.e. Show management rooms, education/conference program, client meeting space (partners, barters, non-profit etc)
- Exhibitor Services
- i.e. Booth approvals, floor manager areas/service center, exhibitor service kit
- Events- Inclusive of co-located and/or offsite Tabletops, Tours, Parking lot functions
- i.e. Hire production vendors, entertainment, décor company, source venues
- Travel as requested to conferences, clients, vendors, tradeshows, etc.
- Provide consistent, timely reporting of projects and meet identified deadlines.
- Use identified software and tools for record keeping and event management
- Responsible for completing invoices, check requests, paperwork, database updates, etc. within 48 hours.
- Responsible for following procedures, timelines & deadlines for projects as indicated.
- Assist in promoting all Informa products (in-person, & digital) and providing these leads to appropriate divisions.
- Participate in applicable meetings. If not in attendance, accountable for learning about meeting discussions and moving forward action items.
- Encourage and demonstrate a positive and “can-do” attitude at work.
- Consistently interact with clients with the utmost professionalism and respect always
- Integrate green/sustainable practices into work environment and events.
- Work within vision and core values of Informa Global Exhibitions
- Demonstrate an ability to act on behalf of the Informa Global Exhibitions with appropriate intuition.
- Others duties as assigned.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of trade show, conference or event experience required.
- Experience in managing complex project and/or events.
- Thoughtful customer service ethic
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite of products with emphasis on excel
- Floor plan management creation a plus. a2z or Expocad preferred
- Thrives in fast-paced work environments.
- Environmentally conscious.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Dog friendly office
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
- This position reports to Senior Operations Manager and is classified as an EXEMPT position.
EOE and Competitive Packages information
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
How to apply:
- To apply for one of Informa’s opening, please complete an online application at Informa.com.