We’re the world’s largest events and exhibitions organiser, working across more than 30 countries and serving dozens of specialist professional communities. Come join us!
As a key member of the team, the Event Manager will be responsible for the tactical implementation, development and management of a newly acquired show which focuses on the B2C luxury yachting & lifestyle industry.
As the Event Manager, you will be responsible for the management, execution and development of the London Yacht Show. You will liaise with the Event Director as well as event partners to ensure that the development of the events fits within the strategic objectives of the brand along with contributing to future planning and strategy.
The Event Manager will liaise with the sales, marketing, finance and external operations teams to deliver agreed targets within time and cost constraints. In addition he/she will be the key interface with our global teams ensuring a positive and successful working relationship. P&L management is an important element of the role, and the Event Manager will be required to work with the Event Director to set revenue and growth targets and ensure delegated cost sections are managed effectively to maximise margins and ensure overall bottom-line targets.
The ideal candidate will have experience running B2C boat shows or luxury consumer shows and capable of seeing a project through from concept to competition. They will possess a good working knowledge of the global exhibition industry as well as a proven track record of working within operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Total event management and delivery of the event
- Set, communicate and maintain project timelines and priorities
- Responsible for up-to-date communication with all stakeholders, chairing project team meetings and making sure that the project is progressing according to plan.
- Oversee development of event features to highest possible standards in close cooperation with Event Director and the wider teams.
- Relationship management of key strategic partners and clients for the show in close consultation with the Event Director
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of key statistics and forecasts.
- Monitor team and individual performance against targets and KPIs.
- Liaise with Finance on P&L reporting requirements and provide accurate reporting as required.
- Help set, adhere to and manage event P&L in conjunction with the Event Director
- Fulfilment of sponsorship benefits
- Liaison with event contractors, suppliers and exhibitors when necessary
- Liaise with marketing on messaging and communication to achieve visitor goals
- Provide market, competitor, product & subscriber intelligence by co-ordination of insight and information.
- Participate actively and enthuse teams to participate actively in both product development and business development processes.
- Engage with peers in the wider informa Global Exhibitions business to share best practice and spot trends across portfolios to improve efficiency, performance and quality of events and services.
- Become an expert and a “Face” within the industry. This will entail attending networking events, other exhibitions (both home and abroad) and building relationships with key external stakeholders (media, associations, key visitors, exhibitors etc.).
- Function as an integral part of overall show management effort in performing additional duties as required.
- Knowledge of the yachting/boating/luxury lifestyle industry favourable
- Demonstrable experience in the (luxury B2C) events and/or exhibition industry
- Proven experience on high performing events with consistent track record of meeting or exceeding targets
- Proven ability to handle and implement projects with different stakeholders
- Ability to manage projects effectively, adhering to given timelines with the ability to react flexibly if needed
- Proven ability to build relationships at senior levels
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, fast learner.
- Proven ability to build strategies and implement tactics.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. Indirectly responsible for all product related aspects of marketing, operations and sales.
- Experience with event logistics/marine operations
- Excellent customer service skills. Listens to and understands customers and supplier expectations, needs and wants.
- Experience in effectively communicating priorities, delivery expectations, risks and concerns to senior management.
- Anticipates and responds to potential opportunities and threats for the business relevant to the conditions of the market and industry
- Ability to travel
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard computer software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of sales database management a plus.