FLSA Classification: Full time, Non-exempt
Primary Objectives: This position will report to the Sales Manager and aggressively sell exhibit booth space, sponsorships, foster relationships with current customers and prospect/sell to new business.
- Sell booth space and sponsorships for a territory via telephone and email communications.
- Work independently and with manager to create strategic plans to achieve revenue goals by generating new sales ideas and researching new markets and trends.
- Prospect for new business through various sources including industry and other publications, websites and competitive shows.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and ensure the customer is provided continued service as it relates to their investment.
- Prepare customized business proposals for perspective and existing clients.
- Customize sponsorship and booth space offerings to fit the needs of clients.
- Provide accurate sales projections and forecasts.
- Maintain and update sales databases.
- Work closely with show management to develop creative sales messages and marketing promotions.
- Function as an integral part of overall show management effort in performing additional duties as required.
- Travel as required to trade shows and/or to visit with clients and prospects as needed.
- Creative talent possessing charisma and energy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum one year of sales experience.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard computer software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of sales database management a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Must be team-focused with a collaborative mindset and able to work seamlessly with exhibitors and internal teams.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, fast learner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer
- Work-Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.