The Data Analyst is a mid-level position supporting the capture, structuring, quality and maintenance of various proprietary data sets for the NEXT Data & Insights Business and several sister brands within the New Hope Network. NEXT is fast becoming one of the world’s leading data, insights and consulting providers within the global health and nutrition space, working with numerous stakeholders including natural products entrepreneurs, world class global consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies, investors, retailers and more. This is an excellent opportunity to work at the heart of the natural products industry for an industry thought leader, publisher of industry trade journals, and the owners of Natural Products Expos. Enjoy a dog-friendly office and onsite fitness center, and experience collaborating with an innovative group of colleagues!
As the Data Analyst for NEXT, you will lead the capture, structuring, management and distribution of key data sets and data-based content across the organization. This will include identifying value-add internal data sources, including direct data capture opportunities and harvesting data exhaust from our industry-leading tradeshows and publications, as well as guiding and managing data partners. You will also structure and load these data sets into an environment that will provide robust and flexible access to this data across the organization. You will also lead the prototyping and development of new analytics and visualization tools in order to maximize the potential value that can be extracted from these data sets. Through these data-related activities, you will help to develop a groundbreaking new source of unique, proprietary expert insights that will be used to support the growth of the natural products/health & nutrition space. Ultimately, this will support our broader mission: “Growing healthy markets to bring more health to more people.”
The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of data types, data stores, data management and visualization tools. The right individual will be a proactive self-starter, will have an appreciation for quality and attention to detail, will be a strong communicator and will be able to work in a dynamic work environment with changing priorities. This position is based in Boulder, CO.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify potential new data sets, both internal and external; develop strategies and tactics for capturing them; structure the data to support a range of analyses; and set up data stores for flexible access
- Maintain the data, including ongoing updates, data quality, process integrity, status reporting, etc.
- Establish a data/content consolidation process to centralize assets that are generated by the business, and communicate and socialize the available to data and content to drive engagement and usage
- Provide direct support for existing proprietary data tools, like the NEXT Trend database, and prototype and implement new reporting and visualization tools
- Integrate and validate new data sets into a unified platform, and collaborate and innovate with other groups across the organization on new product development
- Minimum 4-6 years in data analysis, data science, technical consulting or a comparable role
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and business stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree required in computer science or a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, statistics, economics, etc.; Master’s degree a plus
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret and manipulate large structured data to support developing recommendations and analysis
- Proficiency with databases like SQL, MongoDB, MS Access, and Advanced MS Excel
- Proficiency with BI and Visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Domo, GoodData, etc.
- Hands on experience with cloud platforms like AWS
- Familiarity with data storage platforms like Elasticsearch, Snowflake, HDFS
- Knowledge of statistics packages/languages like Python, R, SPSS, and SAS a plus
- Hands-on experience developing forecasting and predictive analytics a plus
- Self-motivated; works well both independently and as part of an agile team
- Fast learner; curiosity about and passion for data
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
Informa Exhibitions U.S., Health& Nutrition Network offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and matching 401k plan as well as generous time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.