Must have a “can-do” attitude and an open-minded approach to projects and ideas and provide strong customer and value added service to our internal and external clients and partners.
Goal of the position is to lead and execute the operational strategy for a defined set of exhibitions and conferences in a manner that will drive the efficiency and growth of the products.
Participate in an engaged and empowered team
- Collaborate on long and short term goals for the group to support company, department and market vision
- Manage structured and unstructured communication to ensure clarity around group goals, identification of opportunities and challenges and tracking against timelines and show requirements
- Provide opportunities for growth, empowerment, accountability and cohesion of team
- Be an active participant in the Exhibition & Conference industry
- Develop an understanding of the markets we serve and deliver events congruent with these communities
- Oversee and monitor work flow, adjust load as necessary and appropriately resource for scale
Budget and manage operational expenses and revenues for optimal results
- Gather competitive proposals
- Negotiate with potential suppliers
- Submit annual budget, monthly forecasts and financial information on schedule and as needed with detail and accuracy
- Control show expenses while maintaining the best possible presentation and service
- Pay applicable vendors
- Follow centralized accounting and department process
Work closely with Show Teams to deliver consistently high performing products and services
- Meet defined timelines
- Always strive to “under promise and over deliver”
- Increase opportunities for revenue and profit growth
- Collaborate on development and enforcement of show policies
- Lead Health and Safety initiatives defined by Informa Safety Standards
Develop relationships with venues/vendors that facilitate efficient, effective achievement of product and client objectives
- Provide input for RFPs that addresses the unique needs of each event, i.e. costs, market need, program flow etc
- Communicate contract obligations and inclusions as appropriate to internal teams
- Be source for overall questions and clarification
- Develop relationships that support effective communication and exceptional results
- Evaluate vendor performance on an ongoing basis, proactively address opportunities
- Work as an interface to ensure show is professional, problems invisible to (most) internal and external customers
Operations defined as, but not limited to:
- Produce and maintain accuracy of vendor work orders (i.e. staffing, shuttles, child care, security, food & beverage, furniture, staging, etc.)
- Produce and maintain accuracy of graphics and structures
- Overseeing conference production including AV requirements, room sets, schedules and speaker ready room.
- Providing and proofing marketing content for the service kit, exhibitor e-news and other related operations information
- Manage and maintain master timelines
- Train and manage onsite staffing
- Fulfill operations of events
- Manage inventory for exhibit hall and meeting space
- Obtain and maintain accuracy of floorplans, renderings
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Manage General Show Production
i.e. Info booths, publication circulation, guide/map distribution, recycling/compost programs, service areas (registration, offices, baggage check, shuttles, dishwashing stations, nursing, massage etc.), computer kiosks, press room, sales office, environmental initiatives, product showcases,
2. Exhibit Hall
i.e. Signage, carpet, waste management, kitchen clean-up, booth packages (non-profits, barters, partners), feature areas (café, lounges, theaters, etc.), food permit regulations, floorplan creation and management with proper fire marshal reviews.
- Meeting Rooms
i.e. Show management rooms, education/conference program, client meeting space (partners, barters, non-profit etc)
- Exhibitor Services
i.e. Booth approvals, floor manager areas/service center, exhibitor service kit
Inclusive of co-located and/or offsite Tabletops, Tours, Parking lot functions
i.e. Hire production vendors, entertainment, décor company, source venues
- Travel as requested to conferences, clients, vendors, tradeshows, etc.
- Provide consistent, timely reporting of projects and meet identified deadlines.
- Use identified software and tools for record keeping and event management
- Responsible for completing invoices, check requests, paperwork, database updates, etc. within 48 hours.
- Responsible for following procedures, timelines & deadlines for projects as indicated.
- Assist in promoting all Informa products (in-person, & digital) and providing these leads to appropriate divisions.
- Participate in applicable meetings. If not in attendance, accountable for learning about meeting discussions and moving forward action items.
- Encourage and demonstrate a positive and “can-do” attitude at work.
- Consistently interact with clients with the utmost professionalism and respect always
- Integrate green/sustainable practices into work environment and events.
- Work within vision and core values of Informa Global Exhibitions
- Demonstrate an ability to act on behalf of the Informa Global Exhibitions with appropriate intuition.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of trade show, conference or event experience required.
- Experience in managing complex project and/or events.
- Thoughtful customer service ethic
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite of products with emphasis on excel
- Floor plan management creation a plus. a2z or Expocad preferred
- Thrives in fast-paced work environments.
- Environmentally conscious.
Informa Exhibitions U.S., Global Health & Nutrition Network offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and matching 401k plan as well as generous time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.