Content Producer | Minneapolis, MN
Informa is seeking an ambitious Content Producer to join team Catersource under Informa Connect in Minneapolis. This role is a fantastic opportunity to continue your career in digital and print content production, learning new systems and processes and making a difference in the B2B catering and events industry. No day will feel the same in this fast-paced role, you will be involved in managing a variety of blogs and podcasts, as well as writing content for an award-winning publication. In addition, you will support the promotion and execution of Catersource Conference & Tradeshow, the Art of Catering Food, and Leading Caterers of America Executive Summit, flagship events comprising attendance from 500 to 8500+ attendees and 500+ exhibition stands.
The role will report directly to the Director of Community and Content Strategy (DCCS). The Content Producer will support and manage the delivery of content within the portfolio and support the DCCS on strategic projects. The environment is busy and challenging and this person will be able to work on multiple events ensuring consistency in delivery.
The position is best-suited to a creative, self-motivated and confident individual who is ready to step-up to the challenge, happy to work individually and as part of a team, and who is willing to fully immerse themselves in the catering and events community.
In this role you will:
- Manage Catersource magazine: writing, editing, proofreading, and coordinating content layout with external creative director (quarterly) working closely with the DCCS
- Write/coordinate/edit and input editorial content, including submitted blog & podcast content on Catersource.com (daily M-F) on content entry portal
- Coordinate with the marketing team on event promotion within both print and digital portals
- Work with DCCS to feature speakers at live event sessions in print/digital
- Manage the bi-monthly Get Fresh newsletter including sourcing of content and images (pulled from daily website content updates)
- Work with the marketing team to assist with editing of marketing pieces
- Balance several projects at one time of varied short term, daily and long-term status
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, marketing or communications
- Strong interest in food, hospitality, events and/or catering
- 3-5 years of experience as an editor/writer in print publishing
- Portfolio of published writing, either print or online content
- Working knowledge of web content management systems
- Basic photo editing skills
- Proven skills with social media marketing
- Superior project management and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Who we are:
Informa Connect provides digital content, memorable face to face experiences, networking and professional development for customers in key industry verticals. The New York portfolio includes media and event brands across catering (Catersource), events/meetings (The Special Event, MeetingsNet, Special Events), foodservice (Nation’s Restaurant News, Restaurant Hospitality, Food Management, MUFSO), green building/sustainability (Greenbuild), insights/marketing/innovation (FEI, FUSE, TMRE, Marketing Analytics & Data Science), and retail (Supermarket News).
An Informa Connect company, Catersource Magazine, Conference & Tradeshow is dedicated to the education and growth of the professional caterer. Published four times a year, Catersource magazine is an award-winning B2B resource for catering professionals which, supports the annual Catersource Conference & Tradeshow—the largest of its kind in the US. The company currently produces additional live events such as the Art of Catering Food and Leading Caterers of America Executive Summit, as well as a variety of whitepapers, weekly podcasts, and webinars. Learn more at www.catersource.com.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous paid time off
- Work-Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success