Coterie is one of the world’s leading contemporary womenswear trade events. Held twice a year in New York, Coterie brings together the most sought-after womenswear fashion, footwear and accessories brands, attracting tens of thousands of US and international retail buyers.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Head of Coterie has overall accountability for the strategy and financial success of the event. The successful individual will have a unique mixture of creativity, ambition, drive and innovation combined with a passion for process, structure and planning. The role demands strong leadership skills and great commercial acumen.
The Head of Coterie is a highly prestigious role and will require a thorough understanding of the fashion/luxury industry, preferably gained in a commercial, sales, or events environment. They will be skilled at facilitating strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and be willing to take calculated risks.
To be successful in the role, this leader will need a high level of agility, and possess the ability to work and interact with colleagues at all levels of seniority.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary duty of this role is shaping the strategy for the Coterie event. Including but not limited to:
- Overseeing all aspects of strategy, budgets, event plans, management and onsite execution of the Coterie event. This person will own the budget and P&L fully through execution.
- Set targets and establish the tactics to deliver on the plan.
- Partner with the Head of Finance of Fashion to properly forecast and contribute to weekly sales reports for Coterie. Identify challenges, solutions and opportunities, communicating weekly with the Chief Commercial Officer on all these areas.
- Partner with the marketing team to ensure alignment on marketing strategy, marketing budget, goals and objectives for both attendee and sales marketing.
- Manage the events team on a day-to-day basis (sales, brand, copywriting and experiential teams), including liaising with the event operations team to deliver on events.
- Engage with and understand customer groups to drive deep community understanding.
- Work with marketing and operations leadership on look and feel to deliver a rewarding event experience for attendees and sponsors, building strategy from merchandising the floor plan to live event features.
- Liaise with PR team to develop KPIs and ensure delivery against goals.
- Using brand expertise and partnering with marketing, ensure attendee targeting and messaging aligns to the greater value proposition.
- Support the development of new sponsorship opportunities, including leading on experiential strategy, delivery and monetization.
- Manage retail community through the partnership with retail relations and marketing to improve attendee acquisition.
- Analyse, read and interpret the event data in order to identify required action.
- Collaborate with the creative team to ensure the visual identity is represented in all aspects of the event, including pre- and post-show activities.
- Ensure team is leveraging technology effectively (Salesforce, Eloqua, etc.), reporting as needed and analyzing trends to keep pace of various activities.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a commercial role within the live events, fashion or luxury industry
- 3-5 years’ experience successfully leading dynamic and agile teams by encouraging personal and professional growth
- 2-3 years’ experience in budget management
- Proven success working in matrixed organizations and influencing internal stakeholders, services and platforms. Comfortable collaborating internally and externally.
- You build strong relationships
- You are well traveled, culturally sensitive, and balance human factors with professional expectations
- Comfortable with traveling for work
- You are highly organized
- You are articulate and responsive in communications, eloquent in the written and spoken word
- Problem-solving: you manage stakeholder expectations while maintaining brand and business objectives
- Objective Leadership: you effectively manage the team; getting work done is a function of leadership and character, not rank
- Strong culture builder with a good eye for talent and able to develop and motivate staff
- Out of the box thinking: You are willing to challenge norms and identify fresh ideas and approaches for reaching audiences and engaging attendees
Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, Informa Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Join the Informa Fashion Community:
Informa Fashion: https://www.ubmfashion.com/
Informa Fashion Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ubm_fashion/?hl=en
Informa Fashion Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC32hNiaxF6pDMRmjckxZbQ
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.