Job title: Maritime Credit Analyst
Reporting to: Entity Analysis Manager
Division: Lloyd’s List Intelligence - Credit Reports
Lloyd’s List Intelligence, part of the international Informa Group, has a new opportunity for a Maritime Credit Analyst to join our global Credit Reports team. Maritime experience is not a pre-requisite. Lloyd’s List Intelligence is the world’s leading maritime information service and provides critical business intelligence for the all sectors that work with or within the maritime industry. Our services combine quality editorial, real time big data and cutting-edge analysis to produce information used by major global companies across diverse industries.
The global Credit Reports team produce a range of tailored reports on the corporate, operational and financial status of marine and energy companies, as well as on their market standing. This is an integral research and analysis role that will also provide content and commercial support to account managers during client visits and industry events. A good working understanding of financial analysis and credit will be of great advantage and excellent team work is key to the success of the Credit Reports service to our body of clients.
Once established in the role, the Credit Analyst will support the Entity Analysis Manager in exploring projects around developing new or improved credit risk capabilities, providing the specific regional context to aid building business cases for decision making.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce accurate and insightful credit reports by analysing financial reports as well as estimating future performance and market standing.
- Provide content-based support to clients both in face to face meetings and on conference calls.
- Grow and maintain a network of contacts via phone and email, in order to improve understanding of the shipping industry and monitor key market developments.
- Work closely with the senior management team to identify areas of product improvement, by monitoring client needs, market developments and potential investment opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of analysing company financial data and producing reports is an advantage.
- Experience of credit analysis or the maritime sector specifically is not a requirement but may be an advantage.
- Required to be proficient (both spoken and written) in English and in Mandarin.
- Demonstrable analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to persuade others
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Innovative and dynamic approach to problem-solving.