Operations Coordinator | Boston, MA
Xconomy’s Operations Specialist plays a key role in event logistics planning and implementation, event registration and promotion, speaker communications and wrangling, and social media/website initiatives. Additionally, we look to this position as an important resource to keep our small team on track, working closely with editorial, marketing, and design teams to create timelines, make operational decisions, and hit our deadlines.
In this role, you will:
- Organize conference logistics; determine meeting room lay-out selects menus, order food and beverages; determine need for and orders audio visual equipment
- Source and Negotiate contracts with venues and any additional vendors used for events
- Manage speaker communications and logistics and handle accommodations, transportation and expenses (when necessary)
- Work with the conference speakers to gather and organize presentations and related documentation; ensuring that there are adequate supplies for any handouts, speaker biographies, etc.; maintain communication to ensure needs are being met and problems are solved prior to the conference.
- Handle delegate logistics and field incoming inquiries (e.g., refunds, discounts, ticket transfers, transportation if necessary)
- Work with Marketing to create and maintain event registration pages, event websites, and calendar listings
- Travel to assigned conferences and serves as on-site company representative; manage last minute logistical needs and provide an open forum to air any concerns
- Consult with graphics team for creation of onsite signage and any additional onsite materials
- Lead and coordinate production for events – name badges; posters; tables cards; handouts; PowerPoints; other production (run of show, registration list, comp ticket list, walk-ins, contact info, speaker headshots, staff instructions, directional signage, demo tables)
- Coordinate with editorial and marketing teams on promo stories, email blast schedules, event slideshows, and private event invitations
- Create and submit emergency response forms, and health and safety forms
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience (2-3 years) in event planning, hospitality or hotels
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Ability to travel (15-25%)
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks for multiple events in multiple cities
- Be proactive, engaged, and show good judgment in a self-directed environment
- Strong organizational skills; efficient and detail oriented
- Strong communication skills under tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including MS office and graphic programs i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with our production and management tools: WordPress, Eventbrite, Mailchimp
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail and excellent communication skills both verbal and written, as well as working cross-functionally across departments
Who we are:
Xconomy is part of Informa's Connect Division. We are an innovative news and events organization with outposts in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle. Xconomy is dedicated to providing business and technology leaders with timely, insightful, close-to-the-scene information about the local personalities, companies, and technological trends that best exemplify today’s high-tech economy. Xconomy is staffed by world-class journalists and media professionals, and supported by “the Xconomists,” who include some of the world’s leading innovators.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success