Director of New Business, Client Success – Financial Intelligence, Banking | New York City, NY
The Director of Client Success is responsible for helping to drive all revenue goals within the Consumer Lending Banking Segment including new business opportunities and existing client retention. The Director will be responsible for partnering with the Sales team in “last mile” sales support, coordinating across various teams to onboard new client services, and managing client engagement with Informa services with the ultimate goal of ensuring Informa clients are engaged and receiving maximum value from services being delivered.
The Director will report directly to the VP, Consumer Lending.
In this role you will:
- Must provide expertise in multiple consumer lending segments (i.e. Home Equity, Unsecured Personal Lending, Auto, etc). This breadth/depth is vital for providing outward credibility for the company as well as inward support to the Business Development team.
- Responsible for ensuring that all sales resources are proficient and consistent in presenting the Informa value proposition to clients and capable of qualifying leads.
- Accountable for achieving the Consumer Lending segment’s defined annual revenue goal. The revenue goal will be given to the Director at the beginning of each calendar year by the VP of Consumer Lending.
- Responsible for developing and driving the necessary sales plans to increase revenue for the Consumer Lending segment with frequent engagement across the Product, Sales, and Marketing teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as SME for meetings/demos on qualified vertical business segment opportunities
- Schedule and handle client meetings at conferences to advance opportunities and deepen relationships and following up according to outcome
- Leverage professional network to facilitate warm introductions to sales team
- Provide ongoing training with Informa sales resources on solutions, effective messaging, and strategies to better qualify prospective clients
- Drive sales performance and activity of specific campaigns or targeted sales sprints
- Support proposal development to ensure consistency across prospects and alignment with vertical business goals
- Work jointly with sales team on an annual basis to identify priority client opportunities to be integrated into account plans for services/solution expansion
- Coordinate onboarding of new clients and/or services ensuring that new services are configured within defined SLAs and proper training is provided to clients
- Monitor client engagement / interaction with Informa services including key stakeholders and engaged functional areas by leveraging usage monitoring tools as well as personal “check-ins” with clients on a scheduled cadence
- Monitor changes in client resources / structure and identify additional needs for services and or training on existing solutions
- Monitor movements of client personnel between institutions
- Coordinate and/or conduct ongoing training as necessary to support Informa product releases, client resource changes, or to develop better client mastery of product interaction
- Proactively engage additional teams at a client to deepen application and value of Informa solutions
- Where applicable, monitor and coordinate the frequency, scheduling, and execution of executive performance reviews to be coordinated with Sales and Market Analyst teams
Vertical Business Strategy
- Provide input to vertical business owner specific to emerging client needs / hot topics, gaps in current Informa product offering, improvements in sales collateral, and general commercialization strategy
- Conduct whitespace analysis to profile market opportunity and help drive both Sales and Marketing execution in support
- Monitor competitive landscape and emerging threats including identification of patterns in loss deals
- Other miscellaneous projects may be assigned by the VP of Consumer Lending on a case-by-case basis.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10 years of sales, business development, and/or account management experience
- Advanced Knowledge of Consumer Lending required
- Strong network of consumer lending executives across traditional and non-traditional banking is required
- Experience in consultative selling
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task
- Good written and verbal communication
- The ability to develop and maintain executive-level relationships
- The ability to travel frequently to attend in-person client meetings and conferences
- Commitment to Informa’s standards and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Successful application of job knowledge and skills
- Effectiveness of follow-through and accuracy
- Frequently requires sitting, standing, hearing, talking on the phone, and walking.
- Ability to see information in print and/or electronically and write for extended periods of time.
- Frequently handling objects and reaching with hands and arms. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
Informa Financial Intelligence provides a unique and a valuable platform consisting of research, data, and solutions for the banking, asset management, trading, wealth management and advisory markets. Our platform enables our clients to optimize their client engagement to drive new business growth and support client retention. Informa has always been recognized in the industry for offering highly customized systems and outstanding client service, which greatly enhances our customers’ client relationships. Our unique ability to create quality solutions, along with our capacity to deliver supply valuable market intelligence makes Informa a consistent market leader throughout the investment community.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
- 4 weeks parental leave
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.