An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Analyst to join the Financial Services Technology group within Ovum, the division of Informa Tech focused on Telecoms, Media, and Technology research. Ovum’s FS Technology group provides thought leading research and business-critical advice on the issues driving change in the retail payment and retail banking sectors. Alongside the themes driving broader enterprise transformation, topics such as open banking, real time payments, fraud/security and the impact of technologies such as artificial intelligence are central to our work. We help our end user clients make the right technology and strategic decisions to ensure they are positioned to take advantage of this period of change in the industry value chain. For our vendor clients we identify opportunities in the market, enable them to counter competitors and anticipate customer requirements.
The successful candidate will play a key role in sustaining and expanding Ovum’s retail payments industry portfolio, producing and supporting thought leadership across the value chain from thought provoking insights into the future market ecosystem through to rigorous independent analysis of the latest product offerings from ISVs. Furthermore, the analyst will engage with the wider Informa Tech group around issues such as fraud and security, IoT and the opportunities in emerging markets.
The analyst in this role will be comfortable delivering our analysis in syndicated (regularly published reports) and custom form (projects commissioned by clients). The position is suited to a self-motivated and confident individual who is able to express considered and bold opinions through thought-provoking research and analysis to a mixed audience of technical end users through senior industry executives. The ability to effectively work as part of a global team is essential.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Deliver insightful research
Create high quality research in the form of reports, forecasts, and presentations. Develop and test hypotheses that challenge existing beliefs within a market to provide unique insight. Use all the tools and knowledge at your disposal to produce analysis that goes beyond the descriptive to give Ovum the edge over its competition.
Market high-level industry expertise
Use your expertise and experience to define and expand an area of research. Market that expertise at a senior level within our clients and prospects. Provide a timely response to market events and offer up-to-date opinions founded on broad-based experience.
Build and maintain client relationships
Over time, and as your career progresses, build and maintain a network of client relationships. Become a trusted advisor to these clients over time.
Ensure effective client management
Build and manage on-going relationships with clients. Represent Ovum and demonstrate your expertise in data management, data security, and data privacy. Support the sales, marketing and PR teams. Participate in client-facing meetings with the sales team and add credibility to our relationships.
Expand strategic planning involvement
Offer insight to our planning meetings. Contribute to the direction and strategy of the team. Through the understanding of client needs based on senior-level relationships, develop a customer-based point of view for new products and advisory services.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to synthesize complex ideas.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills, including a personable manner and the confidence to present to, engage with, and influence executives at the highest levels of the industry.
- Numeracy, with the ability to build and maintain market forecasts and present complex concepts and trends from data in a compelling manner.
- At least five years of relevant experience working in the fields of ICT, IT analysis, or consultancy.
- The ability to quickly and coherently identify and communicate critical issues impacting the commercial performance of Ovum’s clients active in the retail payments industry.
- Solid understanding and insight into the market for payment services, and the ability to quickly form credible, distinctive, compelling, and original opinions on how every aspect of these will evolve, and why.
- The ability to build and enhance a profile with industry contacts and opinion formers. A network of existing industry contacts would be desirable.
- Experience of working with sales and marketing teams to identify and successfully capitalize on business development opportunities.
- A proven track record of managing a workload to ensure deadlines are met and client expectations are exceeded.