Please note we are looking for someone to start in this role in February 2020.
An integral member of the Group Procurement function, the Travel and Expenses Manager will work within the Operations team in Group Procurement to track key operational metrics including supplier commissions, manage contract storage and assist in providing insight into expenses data as well as working on achieving targets set for increasing internal communications with the Group Procurement team.
Expense Data Management
- Working alongside the Expenses working group, document procedures for each expense system with the aim to identify and suggest new improvement opportunities to enhance the Travel & Accommodation 'PACE' spend dashboard
- Collaborate with members of the Procurement Operations team to review 'PACE' dashboards, suggest new data sources in spend models and contribute to data visualization projects
- Keeping close to Divisional Travel Policies and general travel 'visions' for 2020 using PACE enhanced data to help, where appropriate.
Tracking and Metrics
- Working with Procurement team members, Finance, Customer Services and external suppliers acquire and track Hotel and event suppliers’ commissions information
- Develop and implement metrics reports to monitor, track and analyse 'Value Beyond Savings’ for the Group Procurement function. Responsible for working with Head of Procurement Operations to understand projects, statistics and metrics to build, monitor and report on
SRM (Supplier Relationship Management)
- Collaborate with Procurement team members and key stakeholders to ensure key contracts are stored and key contract information is added to the Contract Database
- Develop and implement metrics reports to monitor, track and analyse key contract information including establishing alerts for the contract renewal calendar year
- Working with the Contracts and Supplier Manager, assist with SRM projects including segmentation, stakeholder management tracking and templates creation
- Working with Procurement team members, responsible for developing and implementing Procurement’s internal communications strategy. Duties may include leading/organising internal events, ensuring an appropriate range of internal communications, encouraging sharing of team information, assisting with internal newsletters/content, arranging working group meetings and follow up actions
The Travel and Expenses Manager will be reporting directly into the Head of Procurement Operations within Group Procurement.
Skills & Experience REQUIRED
- Proven experience managing own projects
- Strong interpersonal skills: excellent teaming with ability to lead and/or take direction
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written: articulate, concise and accurate
- Analytically strong: comfortable manipulating large volumes of data
- Methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Independent, ability to prioritise effectively and multi-task
- Excellent communication skills with a range of different people
- Agile, creative and flexible attitude
- Results oriented
- Problem solving
- Team Player
- Knowledge of Excel, Access and data visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Tableau
- Previous Procurement experience
What’s in it for you
This role will provide the chosen candidate with valuable experience in data management and analytics as well as a great opportunity to contribute towards the enhancement of the company spend data. It will also cover a variety of other skills such as project management for the commission tracking project - which will be a crucial part of the role - and the Group Procurement internal communication working group as well as assisting with a variety of SRM tasks. The candidate will be able to gain a good insight into or further enhance the knowledge of systems such as Access and PowerBI and to also get a general overview of Group Procurement team activities.