At Informa Tech we help drive the future by inspiring the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world. We’re a global business of more than 1000 colleagues, operating in 60 markets. Our purpose is to help drive the future by inspiring the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world. We do this by informing, educating and connecting the community through our market-leading research, media, training and event brands. Every year, we welcome 2.700+ subscribers to our research, more than 3.8 million unique visitors a month to our digital communities, 42.700+ students to our training programs and 200.000 delegates to our events. The Informa Tech ambition is to be the market-leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the Technology community. At Informa Tech, the many amazing brands we operate are successful due to the people that produce them. They require experts, in the market and in their function, working together to allow the Tech community to freely exchange ideas, connect around compelling issues, discover new opportunities, and attain the intelligence they need for sound business decisions.
Informa Tech Values
Live & Breathe IT – Customer focussed approach Everything we do is led by a deep understanding of our Clients and our Audiences. Their strategy. Their initiatives. Their challenges. Listening to AND observing our customers. And that whenever we propose a “solution”, we are very clear in our own mind as to the “problem”.
Own IT – We are empowered and accountable We create an agile environment where people feel that they are empowered to do what is right for our customers and right for the business with empowerment and responsiveness.
Improve IT - Always improving Just because it is how we have always done it doesn’t make it the only or best way to do it. We always improve through maintaining an open and critical but objective mind.
Celebrate IT – Rewarding performance We run the business as a meritocracy, focussed on the efforts and the outcome. And whilst we move at pace, we do not forget to take the time to recognise the efforts of our colleagues and friends.
Enjoy IT – Having Fun Tech is a “Great place to Work”. The ingredients include a large dose of respect for our colleagues, a dash of friendship and an equal measure of humility and humour.
In IT Together – We are a team We create an environment of trust, collaboration and open communications, where we all support each other, and are aligned and committed to the ambition of Tech, embodying an adventurous spirit.
The purpose of the Market Lead role is to set and oversee the execution of the go-to-market strategy for the given Market Pillar within Informa Tech. This role is responsible for accelerating the revenue growth of the collective which includes; research, digital media, events, and training revenues associated with the Market Pillar. This will be achieved through the alignment and integration of these capabilities to better service Clients and Audiences. This role will report to the relevant Events & Media Managing Director.
• Demonstrable global leadership presence and capability to secure the voice of the market, customer and personas to ensure that the needs, wants and desires of the market are understood.
• To give definition and shape to the target market, customer and personas.
• To establish the market strategy and go to market plan for the Market Pillar.
• To shape the product and service roadmap and ensure that the voice of the market and customer is reflected within.
• To drive the alignment and integration of the research, digital media, events and training within the Market Pillar such that;
• We Write Once and Monetize everywhere
• Leverage our Brands
• Cross-Pollinate Audiences
• Solution sell Clients
• To enable Marketing to position the products and service offerings.
• To enable sales to Solution-Sell to Clients and to lead sales by example in key customers.
▪ Leadership: Win the hearts and minds of colleagues and inspire them with vision and excellence. Ensure the talent of the teams you are working are developed to the highest level.
▪ Communications: Act internally and externally as a champion and ambassador for the Informa Tech business
Knowledge & Skills
▪ Knowledge of Informa / Informa Tech.
▪ Financial and commercial acumen.
▪ Product and Service Management skills
▪ Program Management skills.
▪ Able to deliver outcomes through influence.
▪ Knowledge of the Technology Sector.
▪ Knowledge of the Market Pillar subsegment preferred
▪ Knowledge of the world of Marketing Services.
▪ Knowledge of the world of Information and Communication Technology.
Experience & Qualifications
▪ Successful candidates will be able to operate across within a matrix organisation, able to deliver results through vision and influence as much as command and control.
▪ Experience working in B2B Information Services.
▪ Experience in leadership
Key Internal Relationships
The role will work closely with:
▪ Heads of Research, Digital Media, Events and Training.
▪ Heads of Research Sales, Digital Media Sales, SPEX Sales, Training Sales, Delegate Marketing.
Key Performance Criteria
▪ Accelerated revenue growth from the Market Pillar. >4%
▪ Year on year growth in Audience quality and quantity.
▪ Year on year growth in the correlation of digital media readers, research subscribers, event delegate, training students.
▪ Solution Contracts > $100k in value.