Informa Tech currently operates 4 Research & Data businesses addressing the Technology market: Ovum, Heavy Reading, Tractica and IHS Markit Technology (acquired in August 2019). During 2020 these businesses will combine to form a single, scale and market-leading player operating under a single unified brand. Reporting to the MD of the combined business, the Global Head of Marketing will have overall responsibility for marketing strategy and execution for the Research & Data business, leading a global team across US, UK and APAC.
As part of the Research & Data leadership team the Global Head of Marketing will work closely with the Chief Product Officer, Chief Research Officer, Global Head of Sales and Global Head of Consulting to ensure that marketing acts in concert with the wider organization to identify and capture strategic growth opportunities. In addition, the role will collaborate with Heads of Marketing across Informa Tech’s Events, Media and Training portfolio to maximise the impact of our brands and content within its large audience of Technology decision-makers.
The Global Head of Marketing is expected to define measurable marketing objectives and develop a strategy and operating plan to deliver against those objectives, and take a data-driven approach to execution against the plan to optimise results. Success will be contingent on the marketing team having the right skills, motivation and empowerment to execute well. Strong leadership skills and an ability to attract and develop talent are therefore essential to the role. This person will be results-oriented, maintain consistent high standards, with a strong bias for action and productivity.
- Develops a comprehensive marketing strategy plan and budget that aligns to the goals of the business, builds awareness and influence, generates demand, and leads effective execution.
- Develops persona-driven messaging and sales collateral for key product lines and target audiences.
- Develops multi-channel, multi-touch marketing campaigns and go-to-market plans to meet lead generation, retention and influence goals.
- Manages the brands owned by the Research & Data business and supports creative and design for all customer-facing touchpoints.
- Delivers events and webinars owned by the Research & Data brands
- Optimises marketing programmes based on data-driven analysis of performance and provides insight back to the rest of the organisation based on customer and prospect campaigns and interactions.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Solid experience of working in a senior marketing leadership role (preferably in a B2B environment), with the ability to provide market-relevant view of best practice
- Customer focus – ability to identify and distinguish between customers, focus on their needs and engage them through communications activities
- Strategic thinking – ability to formulate and achieve challenging strategic objectives, based on clear understanding of market trends, customer needs and business imperatives
- Strong leadership skills – ability to instil vision through personal drive, building enthusiasm and commitment in order to implement well-defined strategies and pursue long-term goals with energy and tenacity.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills – ability to develop strategic working relationships with sales, product, research, consulting, and technology teams, both across the Informa Tech team as well as with external and internal service providers
- Strong decision-making – confident and experienced to make timely and effective decisions, and take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals beyond the basics.
- Proven project management skills - ability to manage the entire lifecycle of multiple projects with competing demands for resources, on time and within budget
- Global Reach – The successful candidate needs to have a proven track record in leading global marketing teams in complex and highly matrixed organisations.
- Drive for results – ensure that marketing strategies drive the required business results, persistently seeking to improve business performance, with the energy and tenacity to address bottlenecks and barriers.
- Commercial Acumen – The ideal candidate will have an in-depth insight and awareness of the technology industry or the commercial acumen to quickly understand its challenges and nuances.
- Bachelor’s level education or equivalent required; MBA a plus
Measures of success:
- Year-on-Year Organic Revenue Growth
- Subscription Renewal Rate
- Volume and conversion of MQLs
- Value and volume of marketing-influenced new business
- Volume of active subscription users, and usage per user
- Volume of press and social mentions for Research & Data Brands and Analysts
- Event and webinar attendee volumes
- Colleague engagement score within the marketing team
Why work for Informa?
- Training and development to help you achieve your career aspirations
- Work with bright and friendly staff
- Top UK employer 2018
- Central London location
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday
- Flexible benefits plan which includes healthcare, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan for travel
- Gym subsidy, free eye tests, life assurance
- ShareMatch 1:1
- Regular social events
- 2 paid volunteer days
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.