An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager to join the Maritime team in the Business Intelligence division, part of FTSE 100 Informa Group. We are a customer-focused business with smart and committed people who work in a collaborative and flexible environment.
As part of a small (but awesome [and growing]) product team, you will drive the commercial success of the product portfolio -- focusing on existing and new products in a portfolio of world class brands which help customers from a broad cross-section of industries, including financial services, insurance, energy, shipping, law and government. We help our customers identify and manage risk, set strategy and optimise commercial opportunitiess, using our data-derived analytics products, news and analysis, consulting, marketing services and events.
We recently completed a significant investment in products and platforms and you will build upon these new foundations to identify and deliver high growth opportunities in specific markets. You will work with the management team to chart the strategic product roadmap, collaborating with Content, Technology, Marketing, Client Services and Sales to ensure successful implementation.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned product manager looking to apply best practices from established product management organisations. The position will report to the Head of Product Management.
- Be the voice of the market across the business and be passionate about delighting customers via strong value propositions and excellent customer experience.
- Support the product strategy by developing a deep understanding of market trends, needs of prospective and current customers, as well as how customers use the current products and competitor products.
- Translate market knowledge into user personas and product positioning statements which serve as the blueprint for both plans to improve go-to-market activities and a major input into the product roadmap.
- Develop clear and compelling roadmaps and help support proposed strategies for new products and product extensions.
- Partner with Product Marketing to provide thought leadership around the product set and assist with product promotion and positioning in the marketplace.
What we are looking for:
- A commercially focussed, customer champion with first-hand B2B experience from either the insurance, financial services, energy, law or maritime markets.
- Strong product management experience and skills.
- Highly organised and attentive to detail.
- A calm demeanour with resilience, energy and good humour.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization internally and externally.
- Team player who brings a sense of positive energy and the ability to influence, inspire and motivate cross-functional partners across the organisation.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with the ability to construct and evaluate different business model approaches to maximise ROI.
- Experience in a fast-paced digital subscription a plus
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV, a cover letter and salary expectations.