Do you like solving problems? Do you get satisfaction from delivering value to customers? If so, you might be interested in joining a dynamic, collaborative, and agile new team using Lean Six Sigma methodology to improve processes related to the needs of journal editors and academic societies. We are looking for a conscientiousness, organised, and adaptable team player to join our Operational Excellence team as a Process Specialist. Reporting to the Team Leader for Operational Excellence, the Process Specialist is accountable for delivering and improving operational processes in the Researcher Services department.
What you'll be doing:
- Using Lean Six Sigma tools (e.g. process mapping, Root Cause Analysis) for effective assessment and delivery of operational editorial processes. Full training will be provided.
- Providing day to day process support, delivering the required process outputs to high standards
- Collaborating closely with Operational Excellence colleagues to Kaizen (rapidly improve) a given process, generating and selecting solutions
- Gathering and analysing time and defect data about process work
- Using Kanban boards to plan, organise and track tasks
- Successfully liaising with external stakeholders as required to meet customer requirements
What we're looking for:
- A drive for continuous improvement (a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt qualification is desirable)
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and a willingness to develop further
- Good understanding of Kanban system, Kaizen and principles of transparency
- Strong Excel skills and be comfortable using data
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills, able to collaborate to achieve as a team
- Knowledge of Journals operational processes and the customer needs of journal editors and societies
- A strong customer focus
- Experience of working in a global context
What we offer in return:
- Salary circa £32,000
- 25 days annual leave (3 additional days at Christmas)
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom
This role is based in Macclesfield, United Kingdom
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.