ABOUT THE COMPANY
Informa Connect organises major branded annual events and operates specialist digital communities that are key convening places for a particular market. In the Life Sciences & Pharma market, Informa Connect helps customers acquire knowledge and develop relationships that drive new scientific discoveries and bring innovative life sciences products to market. It’s a collaboration of the right people, ideas, data and technology to fast-track therapeutic development, successful partnerships, commerciality and improvement of patient outcomes. With 25 prestigious events spanning Asia, US and the EU such as BioProcess International, Clinical Trials Europe, Bioproduction, Tides, New Ag and AI, it’s an incredibly exciting time to join the Life Sciences passionate division.
Central to some of our events our meeting scheduling system, partneringONE, the industry gold standard, enabling event attendees to seamlessly pre-arrange meetings at our conferences.
We are looking to hire a full-time (40 hr/wk) Coordinator in our London office who can work independently and manage the customer service for conference attendees in connection to our meeting scheduling system. We are looking for a versatile team-player with excellent communication and customer service skills. Self-motivation, commitment and attention to detail describes you.
The ideal hire will work collaboratively with event sponsors, exhibitors and attendees as well as internal teams ranging from Logistics to Accounting. Your day-to-day activities will consist of screening and enrolling incoming registrations and providing exemplary customer service to conference attendees, assisting them in pre-arranging their business meetings via our scheduling system. You will also travel on site to international and domestic events as a key member of the meeting scheduling help desk.
If you possess the ability to work per a pre-set timeline and have the enthusiasm and desire to propel our company and Life Sciences industry forward, then we urge you to apply today.
- Responsibilities include customer service and support for meeting scheduling at business conferences.
- Administer the scheduling system to facilitate the seamless execution of one-to-one meetings at events prior and on site.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan which includes administrative tasks and all aspects involved in the process.
- Coordinate customer service efforts for the scheduling system.
- Provide customer service in a fast-paced business-to-business environment for our conference delegates, who are senior executive life science executives, e.g. assisting attendees on how to use the system, complete their company profile, arrange longer meeting timeslots for certain meetings, handle rescheduling requests and scheduling conflicts, etc.
- Set up educational live tutorials for delegates on how to use the system.
- Relationship management efforts to engage event participants in the system.
- Work with internal team on registration process, timeline and event set-up to integrate meeting scheduling system successfully. Advise on meeting-related venue set up and requirements as well as marketing-related communication around the one-to-one meeting scheduling process.
- Work with Sponsor and Exhibitor team to ensure outstanding customer service and seamless partnering access for this audience.
- Develop protocols for outreach to key constituencies (sponsors, investors, etc.), run statistical analyses, and conduct post-event analysis and reports.
- Travel on site to conferences to manage the customer service desk.
- Required to travel approx. 30% of your time (national + international).
If you are interested in being part of a collaborative team in a fast paced and exciting environment, then we urge you to apply today.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Customer service experience
- Proactive attitude and quick learner
- Ability to work independently, coordinate multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent English skills, additional language skills a plus
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, familiarity with SharePoint a plus
- A proactive and friendly attitude
- Desire to travel nationally and international
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Business Administration or similar field
- 1+ year of professional customer service experience, preferably in a business-to-business environment
Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, 401(k) savings plan with employer matching contribution, gym membership, paid time off, company holidays and casual work environment.