Senior Analyst, Data Center Physical Infrastructure | Austin, TX, Campbell, CA or London, UK
Informa is seeking an Analyst to join its Cloud and Data Center Research Practice. The analyst will work with a team of colleagues located across multiple locations in Europe, APAC and North America. The successful candidate will be able to apply strong analytical and communication skills to develop a deep understanding of the fast-paced data center industry. They will develop strong relations with existing and potential clients, and produce high-quality in-depth reports to support the critical business decisions of our customers. The analyst will also be required to do occasional domestic and international travel for research and business development purposes.
- Support the research activities of the Technology Cloud and Data Center Research Practice, helping to define, drive, and evolve the coverage area and services
- Produce high-quality and accurate market size, share, and forecast reports with rock-solid methodology for estimating technology adoption and vendor equipment revenue, providing short-term and long-term market analysis, fundamental market drivers, top players and market segment analysis, and product developments
- Produce research notes providing regular written opinion for clients on hot topics in this space, including technology shifts, regional and vertical activity, key product announcements, M&As, and more
- Develop and analyze survey research on important markets and technologies in data center computing, storage, networking and components, providing in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis on trends, drivers, barriers, preferences, and strategies
- Forge and maintain relationships with all players in the ecosystem, including equipment manufacturers, chip and component manufacturers, service providers, end-users, and investment analysts
- Develop new research services to address an ever-changing and evolving market
- Speak at conferences and present key data findings to customers
- Forge and maintain relationships with the trade and business press, providing useful data and opinion in publications, raising awareness of our services and brand
- Participate in social media, such as Twitter and LinkedIn, to engage with customers, journalists, and industry players, and to promote your knowledge
- Regularly meet with key industry personnel to drive business development with clients and prospects and support account managers to grow data center physical infrastructure research revenue
- 3 to 5 years of industry analyst, product management, or corporate strategy experience related to data center physical infrastructure
- Experience in data center computing, storage, networking and component technologies, services, vendors, service providers, enterprise users, data center operators, market drivers, and trends
- Strong relationships with equipment manufacturers, software vendors, service providers, chip and component manufacturers, investment community, and other ecosystem players a plus
- Solid analytic, logic, and quantitative skills
- Understanding of segmenting, sizing, and forecasting technology markets
- Polished and engaging written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Microsoft Excel expertise
- Understanding of questionnaire design and survey research methodology
- Affinity for working on a dynamic and global team
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or industry-related fields, required; graduate degree is a plus
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases helpful
- Requires a keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, in English, in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers around the world, and able to participate in group interactions with colleagues in a multitude of time zones.
- Self-motivation and natural curiosity are essential
About Informa Tech
Informa’s Technology Group provides trusted event and online environments where technology professionals can exchange ideas, connect around compelling market issues, and discover new solutions, products and services. Our 14 annual events are shaping the future of business and technology with the insight, analysis and connections. We proudly serve the following six technology markets through market leading events and digital communities: Enterprise IT, Enterprise Communications, Information Security, IT Service/Support & Contact Center, Game and VR Development, and Content Marketing. Hosting these professional communities are our world-renowned event and media brands that include Black Hat, Game Developers Conference (GDC), Content Marketing World (CMW), Interop, ICMI, Enterprise Connect, Service Management World, XRDC and media brands: InformationWeek, Dark Reading, Networking Computing, Gama sutra, No jitter, Thanked, ICMI.com and Content Marketing Institute.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.