Associate Editor, No Jitter | Oak Brook, IL
Informa Tech is seeking an aggressive, tech-savvy online journalist to help drive content for the enterprise communications industry’s largest independent source for information, analysis, and insight. This associate editor position will represent a key player for the leading online and live-event sources of information for enterprise communications stakeholders:
- No Jitter, the industry’s leading website for daily analysis and in-depth coverage
- Enterprise Connect, the industry’s largest independent conference and exhibition
This role is a fantastic opportunity to kickstart a career in B2B tech publishing. You’ll have the opportunity to cover some of the biggest tech companies around and delve into evolving trends relating to communications and collaboration technologies, systems, software, and services.
In this role you will:
- Produce content for No Jitter, including posts, podcasts, and slideshows, as primary reporter on key industry players and technologies
- Manage posting and removal of editorial assets, including posts, slideshows, and podcasts
- Solicit and edit articles for No Jitter website
- Participate in No Jitter’s social networking outreach (Twitter feed, Facebook and LinkedIn presence, other social media efforts) with Editorial and Marketing staff
- Participate in Enterprise Connect program planning, sharing industry insight gleaned through No Jitter reporting and editing
What you’ll need to succeed:
This position requires strong writing and editing skills, as well as knowledge of content management systems. It demands the ability to collaborate with internal teams including Marketing, Sales, Conference Operations, and Web Development; as well as external partners including bloggers, conference speakers, corporate PR, and our customer base of enterprise end users.
Ideally, the person filling this position will be motivated to raise his or her profile in the industry and rise within our brand organization.
- Experience in or familiarity with the technology B2B publishing industry
- Ability to meet daily deadlines
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Fluency with and active participation in social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Strong writing, editing, and analysis skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Who we are:
Informa Tech is the market-leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the Technology community.
We’re a global business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in 60 markets. Our purpose is to help drive the future by inspiring the Technology community to design, build, and run a better digital world. We do this by informing, educating and connecting the community through our market-leading research, media, training and event brands. Every year, we welcome 2.700+ subscribers to our research, more than 3.8 million unique visitors a month to our digital communities, 42.700+ students to our training programs and 200.000 delegates to our events.