Senior/Principal Analyst, Tractica/Ovum Enterprise Tech Group – Forecasting | Remotely based
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior/Principal Analyst to join the Technology group within Ovum, the division of Informa Tech focused on Telecoms, Media, and Technology research. Tractica is part of Ovum’s Enterprise Technology group and provides business-critical advisory around areas including Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Advanced Computing, Information Management and Data Analytics. We help our end user clients manage their data and analysis technologies effectively, select new products, and maximise the value and privacy of data. For our vendor clients we identify opportunities in the market, enable them to counter competitors and anticipate customer requirements.
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting Tractica’s research initiatives with a specific focus on forecasting and data analysis. Furthermore, the analyst will engage with the wider Ovum Enterprise and Informa Tech group around the same topic. The analyst in this role will primarily cover forecasts and research related to artificial intelligence, robotics, advanced computing, information management and data analytics, and related areas. The role will primarily require the candidate to take ownership, maintenance and delivery of the underlying forecast models that inform the research that is produced within the above described areas, and work in collaboration with other analysts to deliver forecasts on a timely basis. He or she will also be required to deliver our analysis in syndicated (regularly published reports) and custom form. The position is suited to a data-oriented and self-motivated and confident individual who is able to express considered and bold opinions through thought-provoking research and analysis to a mixed audience of technical end users through senior industry executives. The ability to effectively work as part of a global team is essential.
Your new role:
- Lead forecasting effort
- Transition to new forecasting platform
- Deliver insightful research
- Market high-level industry expertise
- Build and develop client relationships
- Ensure effective client management
- Expand strategic planning involvement
What you will need to succeed:
- Numeracy, with the ability to build and maintain market forecasts and present complex concepts and trends from data in a compelling manner.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to synthesize complex ideas.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills, including a personable manner and the confidence to present to, engage with, and influence executives at the highest levels of the industry.
- At least three years of relevant experience working in the fields of ICT, IT analysis, or consultancy.
- The ability to quickly and coherently identify and communicate critical issues impacting the commercial performance of Ovum’s clients across the information management market.
- Solid understanding and insight into the market for data analytics technologies, principles and practices, and the ability to quickly form credible, distinctive, compelling, and original opinions on how every aspect of these will evolve, and why.
- The ability to build and enhance a profile with industry contacts and opinion formers. An existing network of industry contacts is essential.
- Experience of working with sales and marketing teams to identify and successfully capitalize on business development opportunities.
- A proven track record of managing a workload to ensure deadlines are met and client expectations are exceeded.
Informa helps the world work better. We enable people and organizations to grow by connecting them with valuable information, ideas and opportunities. We do this through specialist publications, events, training and market intelligence.
Informa Tech is the market-leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the Technology community.
We’re a global business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in 60 markets. Our purpose is to help drive the future by inspiring the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world. We do this by informing, educating and connecting the community through our market-leading research, media, training and event brands. Every year, we welcome 2.700+ subscribers to our research, more than 3.8 million unique visitors a month to our digital communities, 42.700+ students to our training programs and 200.000 delegates to our events.
At Informa Tech, the many amazing brands we operate are successful due to the people that produce them. They require experts, in the market and in their function, working together to allow the Tech community to freely exchange ideas, connect around compelling issues, discover new opportunities, and attain the intelligence they need for sound business decisions.
Join us if you want to work with the best in the industry, who are passionate about the customers they serve and dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days and 9 company holidays
- Time off to volunteer!
- Paid parental leave