This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work in a great, ever-changing and dynamic work environment, with the following responsibilities:
- Re-packaging and packaging legacy applications using InstallShield Admin Studio and Powershell Deployment Toolkit (or other scripting tools).
- Uploading and publishing applications in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM 2012).
- Performing application deployment testing on Windows OS architecture (Windows 10) before hand over to the client for business or user acceptance testing.
- Application discovery, analysis and OS compatibility testing. All application discoveries are documented.
- Managing business as usual requests as well as prioritizing work in accordance with the End User Computing Team business plan
- Responsible for patching (updating) and deploying legacy and core applications (incl. Office 365 2016) to Windows 10 image ensuring a cohesive transition for user moving from Windows 7 to Window 10.
- Collaborating with internal teams, application owners and Service Desk Team
- Creating and developing company packaging standards, policies and process documentation.
- Maintaining a standard workflow for application updates and new application requests.
- Troubleshooting application installs and perform analysis. All Resolutions are documented.
- Liaising with application owners from the business divisions to assess to divisional requirements and agree appropriate packaging method. Requirements are agreed BEFORE work is started and signed off POST business acceptance testing.
- Liaising with vendors to ensure application compliance with Informa Security standards.
- Liaising with 3rd party companies providing off-shore packaging service. Ensuring Informa application packaging standards are adhered to.
- Providing 3rd level support to application deployment.
- All processes and workflows are documented and regularly reviewed.
What we're looking for
- Strong technical background, especially Microsoft technologies.
- In depth experience working with Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager for the deployment of applications to multiple offices, including branch office deployments and remote workers.
- Application packaging technologies including AdminStudio, ORCA, VB Scripting, PowerShell (PDT)
- Experience with Active Directory and Client Group Policies
- Effective analytical, problem solving and process improvement skills
- Ability to take direction, receive constructive feedback and work well in a collaborative, team-based organization
- Good understanding of software licensing
- Strong technical writing skills
- Effective team player with the ability to listen to and influence others
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
Skills & Abilities
- Strong scripting skills – e.g.: PowerShell, VB Scripting
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop OS and troubleshooting/debugging skills
- knowledge of troubleshooting SCCM Client issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft’s systems management tools
- Analytical mind-set
- Passion for delivering a great customer experience, whilst having security as a primary objective
- A collaborative attitude and enjoys working in a tight-knit, team-oriented group
Preferred - The ideal candidate is/has:
· The ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
· Familiarity with ITIL processes, in particular ITSM