Taylor & Francis Group is looking to add a Service Delivery Manager to their technology team in their Milton Park, Oxfordshire, UK office to help support service management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting the Director of Service Delivery in defining and managing the Taylor & Francis’s global platform support strategy.
- Deputising for the Directors where necessary to ensure senior presence at key executive and stakeholder meetings
- Architecting and designing a robust, flexible, scalable and consistent Service Management Framework and drive platform support strategy that brings operational efficiencies, while contributing to business goals and exceptional customer experience
- Providing leadership and develop talent within the team to build and nurture a culture that is focused on business agility, revenue and customer success
- Developing collaborative partnerships across all Key Technology, Product & Business Stakeholders on the overall customer life cycle roadmap to delivery expected outcomes to our business
- Maintaining a single service management operating model across all products and platforms
- Ensuring the technology groups deliver the right services at a level of operational excellence to meet overall customer needs
- Identifying opportunities for operational efficiencies and service improvement
- Delivering service metrics to our business that measures performance and consistently improves customer outcomes (Product Performance, SLA’s, KPI’s, Run Cost, analytics data, etc)
- Providing Key Stakeholders timely communication and have regular interactions about new services/changes to drive Customer Satisfaction for all Customer facing Products
- Understanding the changing needs of the business across journals and books and define a service support strategy with the outcome to continuously improve Customer Experience
- Being accountable for successful transition of products and services from Build to Run (BAU) mode including mapping to standard service processes around end-to-end support, standard tools (SFDC, ServiceNow, JIRA, etc), stakeholder management, change management and communication
- Establishing strong partnership with our vendor partners, delivery and service engineering teams and ensure deploying the right resources as appropriate to meet Service Levels
- Conduct periodic performance reviews with each of the businesses to provide transparent progress updates
- Being responsible for Service Quality, Fulfilment and Assurance of all customer facing products
- Operating with scale and speed, amidst flux in the fast-paced environment
- Risking management aspects of our products, ensuring strategies are in place to mitigate risks
- Ensuring that customer voice is represented by understanding customer requirements and passing these onto the appropriate product teams
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant industry experience and a strong technology acumen coupled with excellent people management skills
- Excellent leadership and soft skills to manage and mentor teams
- Past experience of leading a team and strived for Operational Efficiencies, while contributing to business goals and service strategies
- A good understanding of technologies in a highly scalable and available set-up
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Expertise in highly transactional, large relational and complex systems will be a plus
- Superior management skills to manage multi-geography and multi-cultural teams
- Proven track-record across Customer Service Life Cycle in delivering successful customer experience and operational efficiency
- Knowledge of process re-engineering best practices, as well as qualitative and quantitative evaluative methods, including a high degree of comfort with data analysis for evaluations, decision making, and strategy creation
- Experience in problem solving and moderating disagreements with highly-developed critical and analytical thinking
- Has Service Oriented mindset with deep understanding of products, platforms and technology with significant experience of large-scale platform operations and service delivery is necessary.
- Has a strong understanding of the SDLC, SOA and ITSM and service managed products, software’s or applications in RUN state
- Have worked with SFDC, Jira, Confluence in previous roles will be a big plus
- Self-driven, self-motivated and manages own learning, taking responsibility to identify and develop skill gaps.
What we offer in return:
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- You must have the right to work and live in United Kingdom
- This role is based at our Milton Park office
- Domestic and international travel to T&F offices may be required
We’d like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Taylor & Francis is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status