Informa Markets is the world’s top Exhibitions organizer, managing and developing events that enable buyers and sellers in specialist communities to meet face to face, build relationships and conduct business. Informa has a portfolio of more than 200 Exhibitions, serving a number of core verticals.
Informa's Aesthetics Business is a medical education group providing multidisciplinary events, publications and digital content presenting the latest clinical and commercial developments in Aesthetic Medicine. Some of our events include The Aesthetic Academy, The Aesthetic Show and Vegas Cosmetic Surgery. Please click our event name to learn more.
What We Are Looking For:
Informa Markets' U.S. Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Group has an exciting opportunity for a high-energy and detail-oriented individual with experience in event operations to join the team in the role of Event Coordinator. This role is essential to the delivery of our best-in-class medical Aesthetic events across North America. To be successful, you should thrive in a busy environment and enjoy working with a variety of stakeholders. You should be passionate about process improvement and take pride in your delivery.
The Event Coordinator reports to the Commercial Finance and Business Manager.
- Work alongside Commercial Finance and Business Manager to develop a zero-based budget by brand for event operational expenses by analyzing historic spend and sourcing quotes from approved upon suppliers
- Management of expenses within the approved budget; ongoing tracking of expenses; flagging potential issues
- Reconciliation, processing and tracking of operational invoices post line manager approval
- Assist in ongoing oversight of expenses and margins for products sold within each event
- Prepare monthly financial reports, maintain statistics and compile reports for each event including creation of models for key KPI tracking
- Supplier sourcing including RFP process and contract negotiation
- Contractor management
- Assist in the management of onsite logistics at all Aesthetics and Anti-Aging USA events including but not limited to AV and catering ordering, room and registration layout, staffing plans, and contractors
- Develop innovative ideas to manage event operations efficiently while delivering a best in class customer experience
- Ongoing process improvement and operational efficiencies
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business Administration or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in trade show or conference event operations
- Highly experienced in use of Microsoft office applications
- Expert in excel
- Experience with contract sourcing, negotiation and management.
- Experience with zero based budgeting and budget management including multiple revenue and cost lines.
- Experience with Hyperion, Oracle, Salesforce, Coupa is desirable.
- Travel required 20%
What You Bring to the Team:
- Team player
- Highly detail oriented, with problem solving and conflict management abilities
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal direction
- Self-Motivated and resourceful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Strong customer service
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.