Taylor & Francis Group, a leading global academic publishing company, are currently recruiting for an Editorial Assistant within their Routledge division to support the publishing programme in Landscape Architecture, Built Environment Research and Product Design.
As an Editorial Assistant, you will be responsible for a large variety of administrative tasks and act as a main point of contact for numerous authors, colleagues and other stakeholders. Working on a range of highly visual titles, this is an exciting opportunity to gain a thorough introduction into the world of publishing within a varied and demanding role. We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic candidate with excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and a real interest in learning new publishing and business skills to hit the ground running.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the management and development of the list
- Monitoring schedules, delivery dates and publication deadlines for forthcoming titles to ensure timeliness of publication
- Preparing manuscripts for handover to the production department
- Briefing cover and text designs
- Providing permissions guidance for authors
- Liaising regularly with authors and acting as first point of call for author queries
- Balancing author expectations with the needs of the business and market demand
- Working closely with other members of the Built Environment editorial team as well as colleagues from departments such as production, design, marketing, and sales
- Providing administrative support and keeping in-house databases up-to-date
What we are looking for:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize sometimes heavy workloads
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to work both as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Good standards of numeracy and written and spoken English
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn about academic publishing
Previous publishing experience would be desirable but is not essential. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for their first role within publishing.
In return we offer: A competitive salary of circa £24,000, 25 days holiday per annum (with an additional 3 days for Christmas), a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
This position is based in our office in Milton Park, Oxfordshire
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Taylor & Francis Group partners with researchers, scholarly societies, universities and libraries worldwide to bring knowledge to life. As one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, ebooks and reference works our content spans all areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science and Technology.
From our network of offices in Oxfordshire, New York, Philadelphia, Boca Raton, Boston, Melbourne, Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Malaysia, Stockholm, New Delhi and Johannesburg, Taylor & Francis staff provide local expertise and support to our editors, societies and authors and tailored, efficient customer service to our library colleagues.