Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, Informa Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
Responsible for outside sales; pursues new customers/new business. Identifies new sales opportunities, creates strategy for pursuing targets and is ultimately responsible for closing sales to all levels of customers, including the management and care of new customers for the first show cycle. Services inbound calls and lead generations for new customers and manages all new business for assigned categories. Sells the overall concept of assigned shows. Must achieve sales goals as assigned for new business customers, tracking self-performance via Salesforce.com dashboards.
- Conducts face-to-face sales calls and meetings with potential new exhibitors; receives calls from and supports them through the order and account management process along with addressing concerns and issues. Responsible for customer service for the entire show cycle, including completing the online contract applications, checklist 1 and checklist 2.
- Contacts A tier retention customers and helps Account Executives (AEs) in providing successful resigning and customer service to A tier customers. Follows up with retention customers that are not returning – works with AEs to engage and close renewal sales.
- Sells the overall concept of COTERIE and increases participation in sponsorship advertising; tracks self-performance to goals via Salesforce.com dashboards.
- Sell potential accounts into correct categories; manages expectations in regard to positioning without specifying location.
- Performs extensive marketplace research and develops sales strategies accordingly including call, email and field meetings; researches client needs and creates a one stop solution to their marketing and sales strategy. Meets with marketing team during show cycle to develop category-specific sales presentations and packages, capitalizing on market trends and their direction.
- Maintains strong industry credibility through visible attendance at trade shows and other product presentations, staying up to date on new developments and technologies and communicating this information to both key existing accounts and potential new accounts. Contributes to research efforts in new products.
- Manually enters sales order contracts into Salesforce.com and is responsible for completion and accuracy; works with billing to ensure pricing accuracy, contact customers for overdue payments (collections) and resolves other exhibitor issues. Ensures exhibitors provide proof of insurance, and assists with badge registration and exhibitor manuals.
- Maintains Salesforce.com customer database for accuracy and exceptional notes; conducts data clean-up each show cycle and on-going maintenance per policies. Actively maintains sales pipeline opportunity stages so that the pipeline is a true and accurate indicator of prospects’ statuses; utilizes pipeline reports to provide sales forecasts to management.
- Works with CRM Salesforce team in continuous improvement efforts and troubleshooting Salesforce.com issues; attends and contributes to system improvement review meetings. Maintains accuracy of brand information understanding the information is downloaded for show directories.
- ?Performs additional duties on show site: helps ensure freight is accurately delivered, works with EACs and Operations to resolve set-up issues, reviews aisle signage, banners and booth locations for accuracy, collects unpaid balances from exhibitors, meets with all assigned exhibitors to ensure outstanding customer service, assists floor managers with taking pictures of all exhibitors, delivers violations if required, collects testimonials and prevents early teardown.
- College degree in marketing or sales with at least two years sales experience selling booths
- Sponsorships, digital/emedia sales or similar products
- Individual must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and be detail oriented.
- Proficient with experience in MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com and other software packages.
OTHER KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience in a B2B media environment a plus.
- Fashion industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of applying trade show sales strategy to campaigns is extremely valuable.
- Understands issues relevant to the Fashion market and industry.
- Listens to and understands customers and supplier expectations, needs and wants.
- Anticipates and responds to potential opportunities and threats for the business relevant to the conditions of the market and industry.
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Join the Informa Fashion Community:
Informa Fashion: https://www.ubmfashion.com/
Informa Fashion Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ubm_fashion/?hl=en
Informa Fashion Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC32hNiaxF6pDMRmjckxZbQ
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply. Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.