The Resource Analyst is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Review Project documentation to resource requirements are captured
- Assist with recruitment process and liaise with Human Resources
- Record and track status of recruitment
- Develop a resource plan to support forward resource planning process
- Review/Analyse Resource Demand and capacity. Lead the resource management of all resources across the programme
- Enable and mature the resource and planning function at programme level and highlight cross programme resource dependencies.
- Monitor effectiveness of resource plans, apply learnings to forecast models
- Work closely with stakeholders ensuring you are the subject matter expert for resource planning
- Assesses current resourcing requirements/plans at programme level to establish gaps or improvements for future resourcing needs.
- Responsible for resource management plans across the programme and feeding into risk management approaches on issues likely to impact the programme.
People Management Responsibilities
- Support communication structures across the team to ensure all key messages are communicated
- Act as a role model to others
Knowledge & Qualification
- Previous experience of working in a similar programme/portfolio environment
- Forecasting and capacity management experience
- Experience of understanding complex interdependent project plans and its impact on resourcing plans.
- Experience of collating multiple resourcing requirements into a coherent programme resource plan
- Experience of prioritising & resolving conflicting priorities
Skills & Abilities
- Intermediate skills in Excel, Word Outlook and MS Projects are essential
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
- Good time management skills
- Ability to be flexible within role
- Good attention to detail
- Confident and highly motivated
- Strong stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- Highly organised, diligent with attention to detail
- Resolving conflicting priorities
- Ability to deal with ambiguity