Editor-in-Chief | Informa Intelligence - Medtech | Washington, DC
The Editor-in-Chief of Medtech Insight represents the team across Europe, North America and Asia, making overall editorial decisions on the relevance and value of medical device and diagnostic content for publication, and is supported by regional deputy editors in the US and Europe, along with a team of reporters. The Editor-in-Chief has an excellent network of industry contacts (manufacturers, regulatory bodies, consultants and lawyers). Part of the wider Informa Pharma Intelligence team, the person is an experienced team leader and manager supporting an editorial culture of open dialogue, constructive feedback and collaboration. The individual demonstrates an awareness of client needs and continuously adapts to meet and inform them. This role can be based in NYC or DC.
- Ensure your activities and those of the team have a positive impact for our clients.
- Ensure timely and continuous content publication of medtech news and analysis.
- Prioritize content for publication. Maintain quality and relevance.
- Make sure editorial guidelines and media laws are adhered to.
- Support and lead business planning needs for content development, sales and marketing support and other resourcing requirements.
- Maintain a consistent approach to story selection, reporting and analysis across regional teams and products.
- Be the representative of Medtech Insight to Sales and Marketing, clients and prospective clients.
- An excellent network of industry contacts (manufacturers, regulatory bodies, consultants and lawyers).
- Effectively manages self and team, while supporting an editorial culture of open dialogue, constructive feedback and collaboration.
- Inspires and motivates own team as well as those in other parts of the business.
- Targets content to the appropriate audiences.
- Collaborates with stakeholders in other functions and parts of the business.
- Articulates and communicates the business’s value proposition
- Use of content across a publication to drive client engagement, usage and renewal of subscriptions.
- Experience of public speaking through presenting at conferences, chairing meetings and of interviewing and being interviewed with different media.
- Ability to participate in cross-functional teams; to lead and develop individuals and teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on the ability to gain the cooperation of sources.
- Consistently express an informed, knowledgeable interest in learning or contributing more to the editorial process for the benefit of the publications.
- Able to innovate and demonstrate content development to continuously adapt to and meet client needs.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of industry’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats globally.
- Have a comprehensive grasp of how our products serve our target audiences.
- Breadth and depth of knowledge and experience of the medical device and diagnostics industry – including commercial, financial, regulatory, market access and trends that shape the industry with expertise in one or more relevant sectors.
- Be able to research and generate content or ideas across various subjects – commercial (investment, R&D, M&A, financials), market developments, regulation and policy.
- Ability to use social media to promote editorial content.
- Diverse experience of multimedia tools and content. Able to quickly spot opportunities when this would add value for clients.
- Good presentation and panel moderation skills for conferences.
- Ability to manage simultaneous creation and posting/publishing of content. Ability to adhere to overlapping deadlines and juggle the numerous tasks required to get content in the hands of customers.
- Established and recognized experience in medical device and diagnostic markets.
- Previous roles writing and reporting on markets on client-side and/or within medtech news and media organizations.
- Journalism skills and knowledge to include: understanding complex scientific, regulatory and/or commercial issues, writing about them clearly and convincingly, exercising editorial judgment.
- Significant experience managing and developing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on journalism and/or sciences, science policy or equivalent career experience.
About Informa Intelligence
Informa Intelligence provides digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better-informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge. We work in five markets, with over one hundred brands and many expert teams delivering predictive and action-based insight and intelligence.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with a 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work-Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer Days