BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE | SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Due to growth in our portfolio and market demand, an exciting opportunity has become available for a Business Development Representative within Informa Tech’s HDI and ICMI brands.
We’re looking for a highly motivated sales person with 1-3 years experience to join our high performing sales team. This position requires an ambitious, proactive, self-motivated producer looking to make the next step in their career as they learn from the best. Our program is designed to take self-starters who have the desire to succeed and develop them into true sales professionals.
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for identifying new prospects, inside sales and customer service for HDI and ICMI. This opportunity will require a motivated and sales professional to prospect customers via email and phone, with the goal of pursuing and focusing on new business, selling exhibit space, sponsorships and digital media programs.
This opportunity will be based in our San Francisco, California office.
In this role you will:
- Meets daily/weekly targets for sales calls and call reports. Is responsible for selling new business and providing customer service for the entire sales cycle
- Makes outbound calls and emails to prospects; communicates specific issues, targets, trends and opportunities using developing knowledge of the technology market
- Focuses on new business sales of exhibit space, sponsorships, digital media and lead generation programs
- Works with team of 2 Account Managers to help drive team goal achievement
- Maintains Salesforce.com database for accuracy and call reports
- Actively maintains sales pipeline opportunity stages so that their pipeline is a true and accurate indicator of prospects' statuses; utilizes pipeline reports to provide sales forecasts to management
What you need to succeed:
- College degree in marketing or sales with at least one year sales, sales support or direct customer service experience.
- Individual must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- In addition, must be computer proficient with experience in MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com. and other software packages
- Strong phone sales/prospecting skills
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with outlook, excel and CRM software
- Strong relationship-rapport building skills
- Great at setting conference call meetings/appointments
- Travel is required; up to 10% 4-5 regional events nationally
- 1-2 years selling experience, experience selling marketing services a plus
Other key success attributes:
Experience in a B2B media environment a plus. Knowledge and understanding of trade show sales strategy is extremely valuable.
- Listens to and understands customers’ expectations, needs and wants.
- Anticipates and responds to potential opportunities and threats for the business relevant to the conditions of the market and industry
For nearly 30 years, ICMI has been in the business of improving contact centers. Whether it be your people, your processes or your strategy, we want to partner with you to take your customer service to the next level.
HDI is the premier membership association and certification body for the technical service and support industry. At 150,000 people strong, HDI is an active community of industry professionals looking to advance their careers and improve their support centers.