The Sales Executive is responsible for maximizing revenue generation and for delivering exceptional customer service. A strong customer care ethic and excellent account management skills are essential, coupled with a proven track record in generating new business.
Outline of key responsibilities
- Sell stand space and sponsorships via telephone, email, and in-person visits.
- Meet monthly, quarterly and per event sales goals for directly assigned sales territory. Meet daily and weekly targets for defined sales calls and customer emails; receives calls from, renews and supports current exhibitors through the order and account management process and is responsible for customer service for the entire event cycle.
- Makes outbound calls to prospect and retain customers according to process protocols; executes campaigns and documents results via Salesforce.com and communicates specific issues, targets, trends and opportunities using analytics. Focuses on new sales, renewal sales, sponsorships and advertising.
- Work independently and with line manager to create strategic plans to achieve revenue goals by generating new sales ideas and researching new markets and trends.
- Work closely with show management to develop creative sales messages and marketing promotions.
- Prospect for new business through various sources including industry and other publications, websites and competitive shows.
- Provide accurate sales projections and forecasts.
- Maintain and update sales databases.
- Function as an integral part of overall show management effort in performing additional duties as required.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and ensure the customer is provided continued service as it relates to their investment.
- Travel as required to tradeshows (both domestic and international) and/or to visit with clients as needed.
- Responsible for contract completion and accuracy. Works with Sales Operations to ensure pricing accuracy and assists with customer contact for overdue payments (collections) and resolves other exhibitor issues.
- Help ensure exhibitor and attendee experience is maximized on show site.
Qualities needed for the role
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard computer software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of sales database management a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates a proven record of understanding sales, the sales cycle, driving revenue and team success.
- Well-developed questioning and probing skills with an analytical approach enabling the interpretation of answers.
- Experience in effectively communicating priorities, delivery expectations, risks and concerns to management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills.
- Anticipates and responds to potential opportunities and threats for the business relevant to the conditions of the market and industry.
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Creative talent possessing charisma and energy.
- Must be team-focused with a collaborative mindset and able to work seamlessly with exhibitors and internal teams.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, fast learner.
- Experience selling marketing solutions to high-level decision makers.
- Experience in B2B telesales and/or or B2B face-to-face sales.
- Experience in a B2B events/media environment a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills. Listens to and understands customers and supplier expectations, needs and wants.
- Ability to be flexible both in mindset and sales style to comfortably move and sell from show to show.