An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Conference Producer to join the Life Sciences Vertical, working across the crop & regulatory portfolios. The role will report directly to the Series Portfolio Director.
The position of Conference Producer is one of high responsibility and accountability. The challenge of meeting deadlines and identifying and satisfying the market’s precise needs are highly compensated for by immense job satisfaction when a conference is successful, intellectual stimulation, the opportunity to meet senior industry figures on a peer basis, and attractive financial rewards.
The position is best-suited to a self-motivated, strategic and confident individual who is happy to work individually and as part of a team, and is a creative & strategic thinker and able to implement innovative ideas successfully.
- Researching the viability of conference topics by conducting in-depth research with senior level industry figures
- Researching in detail the conference programme by contacting a complete cross section of the target market through phone, desk research and meetings to determine what subjects are needed by the market
- Working with associations and creating and running an advisory board when appropriate
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of competitors events through websites, brochures and speaking to competitive speakers
- Analysis of multi-source research to write a compelling programme agenda
- Identifying and contacting potential speakers, mainly by phone, and recruiting them onto the programme. Negotiating Speaker fees and expenses and staying within guidelines set down on the event target sheet
- Writing promotional copy for website, marketing and other promotional materials
- Working with the social media team to design and implement promotional campaigns via LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Working with the marketing department to ensure that they are targeting the right market. Writing focused letters to targeted groups of people to promote the event sourcing appropriate media partners, working with the chairman and speakers and sponsors of the conference to get them to promote the event
- Working with Sponsorship and Exhibition to find leads and identify additional revenue generating opportunities
- Working with operations to ensure costs are kept at a minimum and event runs smoothly on the day
- Sourcing special guest speakers from outside the industry when necessary
- Running the conference on the day, including opening the conference
- Be known and seen as the lead contact and strategic mind behind the conference
- Build up key industry relationships with key stakeholders and associations
- At event research to identify future potential events and ways in which events can be improved.
- Production of post conference report and post event analysis.
Proven research skills using a number of information sources, attention to detail, time management with an ability to multi-task, good commercial awareness, extremely strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and the ability to make cold calls.
Successful applicants are likely to possess a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in biological sciences/chemistry.
Previous production experience is not required.