Datamonitor Healthcare, part of the Informa Intelligence division of international FTSE 100 Informa Group, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Healthcare Analyst to join a team of market-leading experts. Informa Intelligence, is an acquisitive, growing and customer-focused business with smart people who work in a collaborative and flexible environment. In the Analyst II role, you will deliver insightful research on issues across the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors, producing high quality output in the form of reports and briefs. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced analyst to join a best-in-class brand and develop your career as a market expert.
In this role:
The Analyst II is responsible for the production of high-quality competitive analysis across a broad range of disease markets. Core objectives include:
- Conducting primary and secondary research to create robust clinical and commercial assessments
- SWOT analyses of key marketed and pipeline drugs
- Analyzing current prescribing trends
- Providing insightful commentary on the impact of new trial data/drug approvals
- Forecasting disease landscapes over the next 10 years
- Responding to clients’ Ask the Analyst requests
- Supporting consulting/ad-hoc projects as necessary.
These objectives are achieved through a solid understanding of the Informa Intelligence portfolio of solutions and various secondary data sources identified using acquired experience in relevant disease areas.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences/Biomedical sciences is preferred, but other degrees will be considered
- At least 1-2 years’ experience as an analyst at a pharmaceutical/biotech company or healthcare consulting/research firm
- Previous experience in producing SWOT analyses and drug/market forecasting
- Deep knowledge of the drug development process and associated pharmaceutical markets
- Previous experience in analyzing Oncology or Autoimmune markets is preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of collecting and curating quality data from multiple sources to produce robust and defendable conclusions.
- Good organizational, time management and priority setting skills, and the flexibility to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically, work independently, and follow instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team both in the office and off site
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Who we are:
Relying on us to deliver vital advantage when making critical R&D and commercial decisions, our customers come from over 3000 of the world’s leading pharmaceutical, contract research organizations (CROs), medical technology, biotechnology and healthcare service providers, including the top 10 global pharma and CROs. From drug and device discovery and development to regulatory approval, and from product launch to lifecycle management, we provide the intelligence and insight to help our customers seize opportunities, mitigate risk and make business-critical decisions, faster. As the pharma and healthcare sector faces unparalleled upheaval, customers rely on our independent advice, enabling them to cut through the clutter and make sense of changing drug development, regulatory and competitive landscapes.