Digital Content Marketer – Informa Tech
Informa Tech, part of the FTSE 50 Informa Group, is the market-leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the Technology community.
We’re a global business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in 60 markets. Our purpose is to help drive the future by inspiring the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world. We do this by informing, educating and connecting the community through our market-leading research, media, training and event brands. Every year, we welcome 2,700+ subscribers to our research, more than 3.8 million unique visitors a month to our digital communities, 42,700+ students to our training programs and 200,000 delegates to our events.
At Informa Tech, the many amazing brands we operate are successful due to the people that produce them. They require experts, in the market and in their function, working together to allow the Tech community to freely exchange ideas, connect around compelling issues, discover new opportunities, and attain the intelligence they need for sound business decisions.
Informa Tech is recruiting for a Digital Content Marketer to join their dynamic and fast-paced team on a full-time permanent basis.
Join us if you want to work with the best in the industry, who are passionate about the customers they serve and dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
- This role will be responsible for driving year-round creation and delivery of digital content, to drive community engagement, increase community membership, web traffic and sales
- The role includes authoring content, sourcing content from community members, and developing relationships with content partners to feed community sites and social media outlets
- You will also be responsible for monitoring community activity all year round, tracking and interpreting KPIs/metrics
- Using results to identify new opportunities and improve products, engagement and content
What are the key metrics of this role?
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels
- An increase in defined customer engagement
- Website and social media traffic growth
- Conversion metrics definition and growth
- Social media positive sentiment metrics
- Customer feedback and survey data
Service Provider Portfolio
The telecommunications market is at an inflection point, with dramatic technological change creating an unprecedented opportunity for service providers to redefine their role in the market. Driven by the arrival of 5G and AI, the service provider ecosystem is in a state of transition.
Informa Tech’s Service Provider events cover technologies including 5G, Telco AI, Broadband and Edge Computing, offering an unrivalled, combination of industry expertise and reach helping vendors and service providers make connections, drive revenues and business growth.
Role & Responsibilities
- Define an annual community strategy, content plan and timeline based on customer and community engagement insights.
- Ensure integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the target audience and behaviours and ensure content strategies and plans are aligned to targeted demographics.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioural metrics.
- Manage day-to-day creation of compelling, relevant and digital content, by contributing to writing content or editing contributions from internal or external sources.
- Selection of appropriate digital channels to amplify content – including social (organic and paid), PPC, email and other digital channels.
- Create and implement strategies to secure and manage influencer partnerships and content relationships to increase reach and ensure high calibre community content quality.
- Develop content assets to generate leads for sponsors and/or exhibitors and delegate registrations.
- Help to generate revenue from external companies through the digital media offering, e.g. sponsoring blog posts, pay to provide content.
- Supporting on the setting up of key media partnerships and execution on key deliverables per partner.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, video, print and in-person.
- Generate engagement that leads to increased revenue conversion for Informa through analysis of content initiatives to create the campaign that drives the greatest results.
- Gathering data and analytic reporting to measure particular content and marketing goals and make recommendations based on those results.
- Management and co-ordination of event onsite content including managing onsite broadcasting, social content, speaker interviews etc.
- Work as part of an internal content community, sharing best practices and learnings on new media efforts, analytical reporting, campaign briefs, and customer insights.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in content and digital marketing and creating year-round engagement strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of digital marketing, platforms and tools (e.g. SEO, google analytics)
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record for developing and delivering innovative digital content, experience managing social media and online communities and campaigns, and technical expertise in managing digital platforms
- Experience in social media management tools
- Basic design experience on editing software i.e. PhotoShop, Canva, Illustrator
- Experience of managing a complex range of stakeholders and working as part of an integrated marketing team
- Passion for communication and technologically adept with regards to digital channels, social media, website and trends
- Talent for spotting content generation opportunities and an eye for the original
- Degree educated or equivalent
Why work for Informa?
- Learning and Development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 2 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Fabulous new office in Central London with an amazing rooftop terrace, views of Central London, onsite gym and a variety of restaurants and amenities nearby
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Life assurance
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- 5% Pension match
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.