Financial Analyst – Pharma Insights | Informa Intelligence - Allentown, PA with remote capability
As Finance Analyst, you are expected to contribute fully to Informa Intelligence’s objectives. A list of your personal objectives will be jointly agreed and reviewed on an annual basis by your manager allowing you to measure your performance against agreed objectives.
As a member of the Pharma Intelligence Finance team, supporting the overall Pharma Finance and Commercial teams, FD an MD’s in all matters relating to the agreed responsible profit/cost centers as well as the related financial planning, analysis and reporting responsibilities. Including and not limited to the following areas:
- Pink Sheet
- MedTech Insight
- In Vivo
- Pharma Consulting
- Consolidated Pharma Insights financial planning, analysis and reporting
- Support, advise and account for transactions impacting the above profit/cost centres, including but not limited to:
- Budget and FC guidance for responsible commercial products.
- Forecast adjustments for revenues and expenses
- Capex support and headcount review of responsible cost center
- Ad Hoc analysis of above responsible profit/cost centers
- Working capital and Capex variance commentary
- Consolidated insights financial reporting
- Review of monthly allocations impacting above profit centers
- Recommend accounting treatment and provide financial expertise of revenue and expenses
- Complete month end reporting analysis (P&L, KPI’s) for above profit/cost centers
- Produce month end profit bridge with meaningful variance commentary of actual performance versus forecast, budget and PY and review with FD
- Complete monthly forecasting submission for responsible profit/cost centers
- Update monthly reporting schedules relating to responsible profit/cost centers
- Produce monthly financial reports for the responsible profit/cost centers on monthly operational results as well as developing forward looking projections for business based on past and future performance
- Drive the creation of the annual bottom-up budgeting process for the above profit/cost centers, working with various stakeholders across the business to create a budget that will be used to guide and drive performance within the products in the Pharma insights portfolio. Partner and work alongside these businesses to develop the budget and then to monitor/track the performance throughout the year to ensure revenue and cost goals are being met.
Ad Hoc Analysis and Reporting:
- At the request of the commercial business or finance team, undertake a range of ad hoc analyses producing reports according to agreed time scales in an accurate, and value-added manner
- Finance or accounting degree and studying towards/achieved CPA or CMA qualification, with experience working in an analytical, high paced global environment
- Experience working in the publishing/business media sector preferred but not essential. As well as experience working with both subscription and % delivered revenue streams
- Proactive, detailed self-starter with the proven ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities while delivering impactful and meaningful results in a timely and accurate manner
- Computer skills - advanced Excel user. SAP experience preferred but not essential. As well as the ability to work across several systems and understanding the correlations between them while all along adhering to a set of controls and corporate policies and procedures
- Must communicate clearly, succinctly and be comfortable working with all levels and departments across large, multinational organizations
About Informa Intelligence
Informa Intelligence provides digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better-informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain a competitive edge. We work in five markets, with over one hundred brands and many expert teams delivering predictive and action-based insight and intelligence.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with a 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work-Life Balance
- Paid parental leave