Taylor & Francis Group, a leading international academic publishing company, has an exciting opportunity for an Inside Sales Executive to work within our Journals business on European & Middle Eastern markets.
Reporting to the Journal Sales Manager, the successful candidate will focus on customer retention, contributing to territory sales plans to maximise revenue in line with overall company strategy but also work on our Open Access initiatives.
- Identifying at risk customers and working with library marketing to ensure high usage of content
- Providing customer reports to look at individual accounts at a granular level
- Work with Marketing to create and run sales campaigns to sell individual products such as archives
- providing training to customers on our platform and ancillary tools
- undertaking market research, profiling and customer analysis on behalf of the sales team
- providing quotes and negotiating with renewing customers in support of the sales managers
- working with sales managers to support Open Access initiatives
- effectively maintaining and updating the CRM system, Salesforce.com
- upselling new products into existing accounts
- identifying opportunities for revenue growth within academic, Hospitals and government markets
The successful candidate will fully appreciate the commercial imperatives that drive a successful company like Taylor & Francis and always have them in mind when dealing with customers. The ability to recognise opportunities for upselling new products into existing accounts and for leveraging journal usage to build a case for additional purchases are important elements of the role.
Knowledge of university libraries and how their resources are deployed would be a clear asset as would prior experience of academic publishing and online journal access. Full training on Taylor & Francis products will be provided. It will be the responsibility of the individual concerned to be prepared to pass that knowledge onto customers as a trainer themselves.
The successful applicant will ideally speak at least one other European language and will need to be competent in the use of IT systems, specifically Excel.
They will need to be a good communicator (both written and verbal) and have the ability to priorities tasks and confidence, energy and drive to work on own initiative, whilst also working as part of a team.
In return we offer: A competitive salary, 25 days holiday per annum (with an additional 3 days for Christmas), a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
This position is based in our office in Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.