Account Manager, IOT events | Remotely based
The Account Manager will sell digital media campaigns, integrated sponsorships, custom content, and lead generation programs to new and existing prospects and customers in the leading brand serving the IOT community, IOTWorldToday.com.
The Account Manager is responsible for selling the website, leveraging our inventory of products to deliver top ROI to our technology marketing contacts. They will contribute to the consistent growth of the brand by selling to new clients, as well as growing spend from their existing clients.
They will work collaboratively with the IOT World Event Series sales team, the largest IOT events in the world.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Sell digital media campaigns, integrated sponsorships, custom content, and lead generation programs to new and existing prospects and customers
- Strategically manage an existing territory and key accounts, developing sales plans and pipelines that will lead to success through achievement of goals
- Manage territory and pipeline utilizing Salesforce.com, with strong organizational and planning skills to accomplish daily, weekly and monthly objectives
- Make a priority of growing business through strategic prospecting and cold calling
- Create custom proposals combining client and market focused data with creative solutions to meet clients’ objectives
- Develop and grow relationships with current and new accounts through scheduled calls, face-to-face meetings and by attending industry events
- Meet and exceed budgeted brand and product sales goals
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills to interact and coordinate with Informa Tech and internal departments, including Content, Marketing, and Operations
- Leverage relationships across Informa Tech’s broad IT portfolio of B2B marketing contacts to reach new clients
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant sales experience owning a territory
- BA/BS degree (highly Preferred)
- Highly detail oriented, with problem solving and client service management abilities
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Strong collaborator who is able to works across groups and self-driven towards beating goals
- Disciplined territory manager who can audit and break down sales processes, identify an action plan for an improved sale, and deliver on action plan to achieve results
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to navigate ambiguity in order to move initiatives forward
- Proven ability to be part of a winning team culture through demonstrating leadership, adhering to a sales process, continuing skills training and development, collaboration, self-driven market/customer education
- Passion to established trusted partnerships with clients and key leaders & stakeholders across departments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and SalesForce.com (or other CRM)
- Minimum of 2-5+ years of managing a territory, selling new business as well as managing/reselling existing accounts
- Experience selling to large, complex accounts using a consultative selling process
- Proven success with and understanding of a structured sales process and pipeline management
- Must have the desire to succeed and a competitive spirit
- Desire to be perceived as a market evangelist and expert
- Exemplary high standards for customer service, honesty, and integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative in identifying, addressing and resolving day to day issues and challenges
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to a sales process that starts with learnings, delivers on proposals, and ends with closing
Informa Tech is the market-leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the Technology community.
We’re a global business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in 60 markets. Our purpose is to help drive the future by inspiring the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world. We do this by informing, educating and connecting the community through our market-leading research, media, training and event brands.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group.
We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Paid parental leave
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success