We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join our thriving China marketing team, based in Beijing. You’ll inspire your marketing team to deliver memorable messaging through a range of online and offline channels, ultimately aiming to drive high-value researchers towards engagement with the content we publish, and submission of research papers to our journals and books.
What you’ll be doing:
• Take a data-driven approach to distill insights of China research marketplace and shape strategy, researcher segmentation and marketing tactics. Position Taylor & Francis as a key opinion leader within the Chinese research environment.
• Devise and implement a plan to engage researchers via offline events (conferences, workshops and other external events) and online tactics (website, WeChat, email, etc.)
• Deliver targeted marketing campaigns aiming at growing revenue for our key growth products, including our Open Access journals.
• Build effective long-term & strategic relationships both internally (editorial, sales, product development) and externally (e.g. researchers, scholarly societies, research funders).
• Work with the Director of Marketing to track agreed KPIs, marketing spend, and ultimately ensure revenue targets are achieved.
• Lead, performance manage and monitor direct reports, with a sharp focus on achieving outcomes; foster a culture of high-level performance, motivation, quality, efficiency and innovation in the team, helping to encourage new ideas and constructive feedback.
• Collaborate with the global marketing team to share news, views and best practice across all regions.
Knowledge and Qualifications :
You’ll have a proven track record in a similar marketing role. In addition, you will have:
• Proven track record of goal-achievement in a marketing role
• Successful experience in managing a product portfolio or customer channel
• Demonstrable customer and commercial awareness – including the competitive environment, potential partner organisations and market trends
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Good command of written and speaking English
• Degree level or equivalent professional qualification
• Experience in academic research and/or publishing will be a big plus
• Strong interpersonal communication skills in multi-cultural environment
• Commercial and customer focus
• Critical and analytical ability
• Understanding of statistical and financial information and high level of numeracy
• Team player and relationship building abilities
• Excellent time management skills; meets deadlines
• Delegates effectively
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals across Humanities and Social Sciences, and STEMM subjects. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.