We are seeking a Researcher Engagement Manager to join our thriving China Marketing team, based in Beijing. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage with the Chinese research community, ensuring top-of-mind brand awareness and shaping our offering to meet their varied needs. You’ll inspire your marketing team to drive high-value researchers towards engagement with the content we publish, and submission of research papers to our journals and books.
What you’ll be doing:
• Devise and implement a plan to engage researchers via offline events (conferences, workshops and other external events) and online tactics (website, WeChat, email, etc.)
• Research, analyse, and report on data exploring China academia, using the insight to shape strategy, researcher segmentation, and engagement campaigns.
• Position Taylor & Francis as a key opinion leader within the Chinese research ecosystem.
• Deliver targeted promotion strategy aimed at growing revenue for our key growth products, including our Open Access journals, Accelerated Publication offering, etc.
• Work with Marketing Director to track agreed KPIs, marketing expenses, and ultimately ensure revenue targets are achieved.
• Collaborate with China marketing peers to develop promotion capabilities and to ensure our activities are targeted and impactful for the Chinese researchers.
• Build effective long-term & strategic relationships both internally (editorial, sales, product development) and externally (e.g. researchers, scholarly societies, funders).
• Lead, performance manage and monitor direct reports, with a sharp focus on achieving outcomes; foster a culture of high-level performance, motivation, quality, efficiency and innovation in the team, helping to encourage new ideas and constructive feedback.
• Collaborate with the global marketing team to share news, insights and best practice across all regions.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
You’ll have a proven track record in understanding the Chinese research landscape. In addition, you will have:
• Experience of working with academic researchers
• Familiar with commonly used platforms and database for market analysis in publishing
• Proven track record of goal-achievement
• Demonstrable customer and commercial awareness – including the competitive environment, potential partner organisations and market trends
• Good command of written and speaking English
• Degree level or equivalent professional qualification
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills in multi-cultural environment
• Commercial and customer focus
• Critical and analytical ability
• Understanding of statistical and financial information and high level of numeracy
• Results driven
• Excellent team player and relationship building abilities
• Excellent time management skills; meets deadlines
• Delegates effectively
• Builds effective relationships up and down organization
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals across Humanities and Social Sciences, and STEMM subjects. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.