VP of Marketing | Informa Fan Expo | Toronto, Canada
The Vice President, Vancouver, will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall management and execution strategies for the Vancouver office as well as directing the Buildex brand of events and any other events acquired or developed that is determined to be included in your responsibilities by Informa Inc.
Main responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Shape and develop office strategy and organization.
- Development of the Buildex events and project plans.
- Identify opportunities and areas for improvement and development within each department.
- Advise the EVP on strategic business development and key regional planning issues that relate and impact the
- operations of the whole location.
- Keep the EVP and corresponding VP’s and Directors informed about business activities, performance,
- opportunities, and recommended courses of action including trouble-shooting.
- Lead Show Directors to evaluate and take actions that are consistent with the company's overall strategy.
- Set subjective and objective performance goals tailored to each event and ensure achievement and adherence
- to annual budgets.
- Develop operational goals for the region which are aggressive, yet obtainable, and tied to long-term strategic
- Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement and focus on the growth and
- development is innate.
- Implementation of productivity/quality metrics and of incentive programs designed to be cost effective, increase
- sales and to enhance efficiency.
- Management of Vancouver office including solidifying the leadership team and providing strategic direction.
- Effective planning and layout of workflow, staff resource, and event management.
- Successful contract negotiation and budget planning.
- Directly supervise the Show Directors. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
- organization's written policies and applicable laws.
- Direct report responsibilities of interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing
- work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
- Other duties as assigned by the EVP.
- Ten or more years of senior trade show management experience.
- In-depth understanding of operations as it relates to trade shows.
- Proven capabilities to implement complex projects while maintaining costs and timelines.
- Project oriented with a superior attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong team player who interacts well with internal teams, vendors and external clients alike.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
What we offer:
- Be part of a continually evolving global company
- Work with a passionate group of people
- Fast-paced, energetic industry
- Excellent benefit package
- Professional development
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Informa Canada Inc. is committed to ensuring that our environment is barrier-free to all persons, employees and clients alike, as we believe in equal opportunity. In the spirit of this philosophy, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants with disabilities in the interview and assessment process. If you need assistance during the selection process, please contact us at HR@informacanada.com with details.
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!