Account Executive | New York, New York
Informa is seeking an ambitious and driven Account Executive to join our Greenbuild team in New York, New York. Reporting to the Sales Director, the Account Executive will take an active leadership role in the sales activity and work across rebook, lost and new business accounts for booth, digital and sponsorship revenue for Greenbuild International Conference & Exhibition. The Account Executive will have an assigned territory and will be tasked with aggressively selling exhibit booth space and sponsorships to both new and renewal customers within that territory. The Account Executive should be savvy in prospecting for new business via internet, social media, competitive shows.
In this role you willl:
- Sell booth space and sponsorships via telephone, email communication and face-to-face meetings.
- Work independently and with Manager to create strategic plans to achieve revenue goals by generating new sales ideas and researching new markets and trends.
- Prospect for new business through various sources including industry and other publications, websites, social media and competitive shows.
- Provide accurate sales projection, pipelines and forecasts.
- Maintain and update sales databases.
- Achieve minimum daily required call volume.
- Work with Event Coordinator on fulfillment of sponsorships.
- Work closely with Marketing to develop creative sales messages and marketing promotions.
- Function as an integral part of overall show team in performing additional duties as required.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and ensure the customer is provided continued service as it relates to their investment.
- Travel as required to trade shows and/or to visit with clients as needed.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Creative talent possessing charisma and energy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years of sales experience in a b2b environment, preferably within tradeshows.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard computer software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of sales database management a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Must be team-focused with a collaborative mindset and able to work seamlessly with exhibitors and internal teams.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, fast learner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Who we are:
Greenbuild is the face to face experience for sustainability in the built environment. It’s for professionals in architecture, construction, engineering, planning, and interior design who depend on thoughtful and ethical solutions which promote wellness and resiliency in construction and urban development.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
- 4 weeks parental leave