Informa Intelligence, part of the FTSE 50 Informa Group, provides data, intelligence and insight to clients globally. Informa Intelligence has 2500 staff in 60 locations across the globe with significant coverage in the USA and a large central London UK office. We have over 100 product lines spanning four key industry verticals: Pharma, Finance, Transportation and Industry & Infrastructure with dynamic and evolving plans to significantly grow the portfolio of products and customers.
Maritime Intelligence, part of Informa Intelligence, delivers news, intelligence and analysis on the global maritime industry enabling our clients to effectively navigate the market, identify trends and help them make effective business decisions. Covering the general commercial shipping industry our core areas focus on Containers, Dry Bulk, Tankers, Gas and Regulation.
This role is accountable for meeting and exceeding the monthly, quarterly and annual Orders and Sales targets of the Maritime & Law such that it achieves sustainable, profitable Growth. The Maritime & Law Vertical produces £45m in revenue from four strategic revenue streams. These are Subscriptions, Consulting, Marketing Services and Copy sales.
Role & Responsibilities
- Executing Business development sales strategy
- The achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual BD sales targets.
- The creation and execution of BD Territory Plans
- The execution of best practice Pipeline and Opportunity Management and disciplined usage of the company system of record for CRM (SalesForce.com)
- Timely/accurate forecasting of Orders and Sales on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience preferably in Business Information/Intelligence
- You must understand the basic business policies of a subscriptions business
- Ideally you will have knowledge of the Maritime & Law industry and its customers
- You will be enthusiastic towards your work. No results can be achieved without showing the dedicated passion
- An impressive personality to communicate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders.
- You must be able to cope up with working under deadlines
- A degree in any discipline (Business related degree’s preferable)
- High standards of working to team KPIs and delivering an ethos of winning methods rather than just winning results
Why work for Informa?
- Fabulous new office in Central London with an amazing rooftop terrace, views of Central London, onsite gym and a variety of restaurants and amenities nearby
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Top UK employer 2018
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday
- Life assurance
- Flexitime working
- Other flexible benefits include healthcare, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan for travel
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin