We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Editorial Assistant to join our Books department, working on our Engineering list. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a thorough introduction to the world of publishing and involves working on all phases of the book publication process, from the conceptual stage to the finished book and beyond.
What you’ll be doing:
• Organizing peer reviews of book proposals under consideration
• Drafting and sending author contracts
• Chasing manuscripts under contract and negotiating delivery deadlines
• Preparing manuscripts for transmittal to production, and meeting transmittal targets
• Monitoring schedules and delivery dates to ensure timely publication
• Crafting product copy to enhance discoverability in the market
• Building relationships with authors and colleagues
• Maintaining databases and systems
What we’re looking for:
• Highly organized, with strong prioritization and time management skills
• Ability to work efficiently, calmly and to a high standard under pressure
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate sensitively and professionally
• High standard of written English
• Team player with a flexible, positive approach to helping others, and an enthusiasm for learning
• Ability to work autonomously and self-motivate
• Ability to take the initiative to anticipate and resolve problems
• Ability to understand financial and numerical data
• Proficient computer skills
• Willingness and enthusiasm to learn about academic publishing
An interest in related topics would also be beneficial but full training will be provided.
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Taylor & Francis is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.