Aviation Week, the world’s top aerospace reporting and analysis company, has an opening for a United States & Americas-focused defense analyst on the defense intelligence and data team. Join a close-knit team of military aviation and defense subject matter experts to work on researching the US defense budget, tracking aviation and aviation-related defense programs in the western hemisphere, tracking active military aircraft fleets in the region, and more. Writing opportunities will include summaries of defense market news, drafting program/system descriptions, and possibly contributing to published newsletters, online content, and custom research papers.
You are accountable for:
- Tracking the number and types of aircraft operated by all the military operators in the region.
- Taking lead on Aviation Week’s annual analysis of the US military budget and serving as the subject matter expert on the US defense budget and procurement process.
- Researching military aircraft maintenance data, manufacturer-related data, parts & component supplier information, and specifications for military aircraft.
- Conducting research and analysis for Aviation Week Intelligence Network products, drafting program/system descriptions, and possibly contributing to other Aviation Week print and online publications as well as custom research papers.
What we're looking for:
- Extensive familiarity with the US Department of Defense (DoD) budget and the budget process/cycle.
- Experience with DoD and Service-specific FOIA processes.
- Knowledge of military aircraft (fixed-wing and rotary), particularly those operated by the US military.
- Familiarity with databases and data analysis tools and methodologies – Excel, Access, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Strong background in defense and national security issues.
- Knowledge of military aircraft maintenance procedures.
- Familiarity working with the US military and/or defense industry.
- Previous experience tracking military aviation, defense programs or maintenance costs.
- Business-level proficiency in a foreign language, ideally Spanish.
EOE and Competitive Packages information
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
How to apply:
To apply for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com.