First Line Support Analyst - Boca Raton, FL
Taylor & Francis Group
Overall Role Summary:
The Technical Support Analysts will be proficient in information technology and systems, and provide superior service to the business.
Tasks are likely to include:
- The incumbent will perform the helpdesk and desktop support functions for their home office and all of T&F.
- Liaise with internal and external IT service providers to provide a seamless and efficient support process for the business, and explores, recommends and implements improvements to IT support processes.
- Ensure all incidents and requests are logged and updated while executing IT policies.
- Maintain positive working relationships with business and assists with the planning and execution of disaster recovery procedures.
- Be an expert in T&F applications/systems and processes.
- Provide Security Processes if applicable – ADT & Access systems -Update security system with new hires/terms/new cards and attend safety committee meetings.
Knowledge and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have:
- A solid, all-around knowledge of the information technology industry (and the support sector specifically) and a high degree of skill with common computer tools.
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Office 365, VPN, wireless technology.
- Knowledge of ticketing software, such as ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of network printing (setup, configuration).
- Knowledge of cell phone technology and support of iPhones and Android phones.
- Knowledge of setup and support of video conferencing equipment.
- Knowledge of SCCM and imaging technology.
- Experience supporting hardware issues on laptops and desktop PC's.
- Knowledge of OneDrive and Sharepoint would be very helpful.
- Basic knowledge of network switches and servers.
- Experience with VMWare would be a major plus.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of experience in information technology, IT Helpdesk or field support position.
- Industry standard certifications such as MCP, MCA, A+, Network +, ITIL, etc. is a plus.
Skills and Behaviors Required
- Must be able to maintain consistency and clear-headed vision in a high-pressure, fast-moving environment.
- Be an effective communicator, with the ability to present technical discussions in a clear and concise manner.