Head of Marketing, Informa Financial Intelligence | Boston, MA
Informa Financial Intelligence is looking for an experienced Head of Marketing to lead the IFI marketing organization. The Head of Marketing will lead executing the verticals Go-to-Market strategies, building brand awareness across the Financial Services sector, and managing the marketing organization and budget to ensure alignment to the goals of strategies of the overall business.
Reporting to the Vertical President, this role is a member of the Financial Intelligence leadership team and requires cross-functional collaboration with business, sales, and technologies leaders. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in developing a marketing strategy aligned to the business and leading marketing functions including product marketing, demand generation, marketing communications, events, and branding.
Roles & Responsibilities Include:
Marketing Strategy & Execution:
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy, plan, and budget that directly aligns to the goals of the business
- Drive innovation and efficiency across the marketing organization and marketing tactics
- Review, adapt, and evolve performance to drive a higher return on investment
- Provide and apply an industry-level view of best practice in marketing
- Able to confidently discuss overall marketing and communications strategies to all stakeholders
- Demonstrate high level of expertise in segmentation techniques and customer lifecycle planning
- Develop multi-channel, multi-touch marketing campaigns and go to market plans with the broader marketing team to meet lead generation goals
- Lead the vertical on marketing strategy and be able to show how the activity is having an impact on the customers and revenue.
- Responsible for the effective management of marketing staff, provision and succession.
- Provide ongoing performance management, coaching and development of all direct reports.
- Create and manage processes to increase the effectiveness of the team and create greater efficiencies, including driving and implementing change management programs.
- As a member of the management team, provide input into and seek to influence the objectives and strategies of the business.
- Build internal relationships across vertical marketing teams of Informa Intelligence to share best practice, processes and manage talent
Marketing Resource Management:
- Identify, manage and develop relationships with external resources to increase the expertise within the team including creative agencies & digital media agencies.
- Support and drive team development by effective learning and team motivation.
- Produce detailed reports which analyze budget performance and effectiveness and support the development of the strategy
- Identify the skills, knowledge and resources required to understand planned activities and ensure the capacity and capability of current workforce can meet these requirements.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience leading a B2B marketing team, preferably in the Financial or a related industry
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing campaigns and strategies
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and personal skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, and supervising personnel
- Strategic thinker who can formulate and achieve challenging strategic objectives, based on a clear understanding o market trends, customer needs, and business imperatives
- Experience managing external marketing and PR agencies
We help customers around the world make well informed investment decisions, understand past trends, forecast future performance, drive profitability, and increase returns.
Our leading-edge financial information enables customers to gain a competitive advantage by using our research to make timely business-critical decisions and form effective strategies.
We are a premier data provider for a diverse range of consumer and investment companies globally, serving the following markets:
Who We Are
Informa Intelligence provides digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge. We work in five markets, with over one hundred brands and many expert teams delivering predictive and action-based insight and intelligence.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
Competitive Benefits with 401k match
Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!