You will sell exhibition stand space & added value products across a portfolio of portfolio of manufacturing, construction, and mining trade exhibitions, handling existing accounts, driving new business and developing new sector brands.
You will be working within an experienced, passionate and dynamic team with a hard-work ethic. You will be expected to develop and manage your own pipeline by phone, email and face-to-face selling and will therefore need to be tenacious and enthusiastic, with a KPI of 90mins of calls per day.
You will be a well-motivated, ambitious and successful sales professional, ideally with previous exhibition sales experience. You must show a determination and ability to deliver and exceed sales results with a proven track record.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop & grow sales across Europe, the Americas, Africa and the Middle East
- Work to targets with accurate reporting to management and keeping detailed sales records
- Service existing customers to Informa standards and maintain & build long-term customer relationships
- Liaise with overseas offices and international representatives of Informa.
- International travel to industry exhibitions around the world, as well as country sales visits
- Proven track record in hitting and exceeding individual and team revenue targets
- Excellent telephone sales experience/manner
- New business generation
- Proven track record of successfully managing time between contacting existing database lists, researching/sourcing potential new business and cold calling
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with exhibitors, partners and the rest of the show team
- Market focus - ability to immerse self in chosen market sector, absorb an industry, it’s issues and players, and apply that knowledge strategically and tactically to the selling of the event
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, resilient, determined, assertive, good objection handler, capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines and prioritizing
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Team player, capable of dealing with strong personalities and being assertive
- Strong work ethic
- Detail-oriented, flexible, energetic and methodical
- Resilient and determined; problem solver and decision-maker
- Able to conduct a more conceptual, consultative sale and build a longer-term business relationship, as well as knowing when a shorter game will be effective
- Ability to communicate at senior level, authoritative
- Professionalism, integrity, must be well-presented
- Administration skills - organised – planner
- Good written communication skills
Alongside a competitive salary Informa also offers the following employee benefits: Season ticket loan, money purchased pension scheme, 25 days annual holiday, life assurance, cycle2work, eye care and child care vouchers.