Associate Conference Manager | San Francisco or Remote (US)
What we’re looking for:
Informa Tech is seeking a full-time, experienced Associate Conference Manager for its Game Development Group. This position is responsible for end-to-end conference production, encompassing market research, agenda development, speaker recruitment, and on-site management.
You are accountable for:
- Researching companies, tech, and teams responsible for top/popular games and immersive experiences in developing XR market, game industry, and tech space.
- Pitching ideas and brainstorming with internal subject matter experts to identify compelling opportunities, creative content ideas, and key educational topics.
- Collaborating to define yearly event strategy and set annual goals.
- Developing interdepartmental timelines, deadlines, and project schedules.
- Recruiting and managing volunteer advisory boards, comprised of executive members of international game/ XR development studios and publishers.
- Planning and managing call for proposals for submissions.
- Soliciting individual invitations to speak.
- Facilitating content's evolution throughout intensive mentorship process with advisory boards.
- Developing high-quality, marketable agendas and programs that meet the needs of the target community, cater to identified personas, and drive attendance.
- Managing speaker communication, obtaining required materials, and performing database management for speaker/session tracking and display on the website.
- Crafting compelling copy for session titles and descriptions that grabs attendees’ attention and motivates them to register.
- Providing marketing and sales teams with highlights, briefs, sponsorship targets, and other information required to ensure event success.
- Communicating progress, needs, and challenges effectively to key stakeholders and in event team meetings.
- Working with cross-functional teams to achieve common event goals.
- Managing production of signage and online materials, including drafting copy and proofing collateral.
- Adhering to posted deadlines.
- Overseeing content on site, providing speaker support and registration, and addressing issues that arise onsite during the course of the event.
- Ensuring an enjoyable experience for attendees/delegates and speakers alike.
- Providing post-show analysis and feedback to inform future editions.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with industry influencers and experts.
- Managing and adhering to assigned budget, as well as processing speaker stipends for payment.
- Production and data entry of the conference schedule, sessions and content.
- User testing of the session scheduler, GDC Subs (content management system) and mobile app.
- Answering incoming ‘help box’ email promptly, courteously and correctly, forwarding to applicable colleague, when necessary.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
What you bring to the team:
- Strong, collaborative team player
- Self-motivated with ability to work with multiple teams
- Prior experience in event management, project management, and operations
- Relationship-building; strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable expertise in budgeting and managing projects to tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented with ability to handle various tasks simultaneously, under multiple deadlines
- Interest in researching interactive entertainment and gaming; reasonable comfort level with technology and issues affecting game and XR developers
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task, and set and meet deadlines
- Proficient expertise in MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), proficiency in Excel is a must
- Strong customer service orientation and/or hospitality background
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Job location: Remote from anywhere in the U.S. or where Informa has offices, including Santa Monica, San Francisco, Oak Brook, New York, Minneapolis, and Denver.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
What to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!