Job Description: Marketing Manager (Manchester)
The Marketing Manager will lead on the development and implementation of the marketing strategy for the Routes portfolio of events, part of Informa Markets.
You will be responsible for delivering the key event objectives and lead on audience development. Stakeholder relationship management is a key focus, as you will be working with important external partners for all events and will need to be able to work with and influence people from all levels.
Informa Markets marketing is going through an exciting time, with a number of new initiatives and marketing tools being introduced to take marketing practice to the next level. You will also have access to a comprehensive training programme that will help you to develop your knowledge and career.
As this is a global position, working with colleagues from the US to Australia, a degree of flexibility and ability to travel is required.
- Marketing Strategy & Campaign Management: strategic development of year-round audience marketing campaigns and managing the campaign execution across multiple channels by the marketing & digital team. Channels include: email, social, PPC, telemarketing, direct mail, web, SEO, content marketing.
- Lead Generation: devise campaigns to build inbound leads for delegate driving, consider data, messaging and customer journey. Working with Senior Marketing Manager on lead generation strategy with new business leads a priority.
- Stakeholder Management: work with senior stakeholders internally and externally to create a positive working relationship, as well as forge relationships with key business teams
- Data Strategy: database development and management, and devising a data acquisition and re-engagement strategy (with Senior Marketing Manager)
- Analytics & Reporting: using a range of analytics tools to analyse campaigns and website trends, ensuring that all channels are being tracked accurately
- Copy Writing: for emails, website, PPC, social media, blogs
- Content Creation: devise content strategy for campaigns working with event partners, associations and contributors
- Budget Management: maintain accurate budgets, reports, analysis and documentation
- Partnership building: developing relationships with key event partners – associations, exhibitors and media
- Supplier Management: liaising with internal external suppliers including designers, website agencies, database and registration companies to ensure campaigns are delivered to agreed deadlines and budgets
- Website Management: managing development, design and content of product websites
- PR Management – work with PR agency to direct their activity to gain awareness for event brands
- Market Research and Audience Insight: devise year-round insight programmes and manage their implementation either through external research agencies or in-house; analysis of insight findings to determine marketing strategy
- Brand ownership: manage the on and offline brand delivery ensuring guidelines are kept to and TOV is devised and maintained
- Telemarketing: manage campaigns, select data, write briefs, measure results
- Experience in a marketing role within an events or aviation business environment
- Ability to translate business objectives into marketing strategy and plans
- Excellent copywriting skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing skills and channels, such as SEM, social and email marketing
- Working knowledge of online analytics programmes
- Analysis and reporting skills – able to report and present trends on marketing performance to the wider team
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, able to work with and influence a range of personalities
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure