Taylor & Francis Group, a leading international academic publishing company, is looking for a motivated and ambitious Development Editor to join the Digital Resources team on a maternity cover contract. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development and growth of its burgeoning programme of online primary source collections across a range of subjects in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
The successful applicant will have a senior role within the Digital Resources team, contributing to the growth of a burgeoning programme of online primary source collections across a range of subjects in the Humanities, Social Sciences, and STEM subject areas.
- Identify, develop and commission new digital resources of primary source materials for the Humanities and Social Sciences Higher Education market
- Line manage junior team members
- Support the commercial growth and diversification of the product line through academic and librarian outreach
This is an exciting and varied senior role which will include domestic and international travel to visit archives, institutions and conferences.
- Independently develop project proposals for new digital resources comprising primary source content. This will include travelling to archives to source, research and select appropriate material
- Commission market research and analysis to assess market demand.
- Commission new products including contract negotiations with prospective business partners
- Present project proposals to key internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and present financial projections for approval
- Engage with academics and librarians to present current products and consult on new products and the future pipeline. This will involve working with Sales and Marketing colleagues and will include travelling to HE institutions, libraries and conferences.
- Performance manage junior members of the Digital Resources team.
- Work with colleagues within and across departments to assist in various stages of production
- Play a central role in developing the product pipeline
What we are looking for:
Candidates should have relevant qualifications or experience with a passion for the Humanities and Social Sciences (particularly History), and an interest in digital technology and its potential for teaching and research. Experience developing digital products for the Higher Education market and handling primary source material is also desirable.
Applicants will need to possess the ability to effectively manage tasks independently and to deadlines, be a confident negotiator in possession of exceptional communication skills and demonstrate sound commercial acumen. Management experience is desirable. The role also demands initiative, creativity and attention to detail.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join a growing team.
In return we offer: A competitive, 25 days holiday per annum (with an additional 3 days for Christmas), a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
This position is being offered as a maternity cover contract and is based in our office in Milton Park, Oxfordshire.
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Taylor & Francis Group partners with researchers, scholarly societies, universities and libraries worldwide to bring knowledge to life. As one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, ebooks and reference works our content spans all areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science and Technology.
From our network of offices in Oxfordshire, New York, Philadelphia, Boca Raton, Boston, Melbourne, Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Malaysia, Stockholm, New Delhi and Johannesburg, Taylor & Francis staff provide local expertise and support to our editors, societies and authors and tailored, efficient customer service to our library colleagues.