The nation’s premiere information source for farm business and market advice is seeking a dynamic person to become its new Market Analyst. As the Farm Futures Market Analyst, you will develop and share your outlook skills and expertise with thousands of top U.S. Ag producers on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This is an outstanding opportunity to serve the people who lead the world in food and fiber production!
Farm Futures is the nation’s leading agribusiness knowledge provider. The magazine, companion web site www.farmfutures.com, and its daily e-marketing letter Farm Futures Daily, provide unique content tailored to the high-income agricultural producer. Our team of editors and content providers established Farm Futures as our readers' first source of information on risk-management, marketing, money management and decision-making. Our goal is to provide stories, analysis and outlook that help readers think of new and better ways to do business.
Farm Futures and the Farm Progress Co. brands are published by Informa, one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
What we’re looking for:
Informa Markets is seeking a full-time Market Analyst for Farm Futures and its Farm Progress brands.
The market analyst will need to:
- Build and maintain price forecasting models for corn, soybeans, wheat and inputs, including fertilizer and energy that interact with regularly updated U.S. and global supply and demand databases that incorporate USDA and other reports on exports, crop production, cash markets, money flow, crushing and other factors;
- Generate/execute national online farmer surveys three times a year to build demographic trend data and discover unique article ideas;
- Use Excel, Access and GIS programs for data management and analysis, including creation of graphics in line with Farm Progress brand specifications;
- Have knowledge of technical analysis and ability to create and maintain price charts for use in digital, print and presentations;
- Have ability to write interesting and concise news reports, analysis and commentary on deadline pressure;
- Have ability to create and present information in a variety of formats including audio, video, print, digital, social media and seminars with minimal assistance or supervision;
- Travel to and make presentations at industry events, as needed.
What you bring to the team:
- Journalism, finance, economic or business degree or commensurate, demonstrated experience
- Ability to write in different styles best suited for daily, weekly and monthly mediums
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Social media and SEO skills
- Multitasking and organizational skills
- Experience meeting varying deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management skills
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Initiative and self-directed
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
EOE and Competitive Packages information
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
How to apply:
To apply for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com.