The Conference Producer will be responsible for the development of timely and relevant quality conferences to support all existing exhibitions. This will encompass topic research, speaker acquisition, content development and event management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research and gather industry intelligence to determine the commercial viability and timing of a conference programme
- Identify and recruit appropriate speakers for the conference so as to address the industry trends and topical issues impacting businesses
- Develop and finalise the conference programme within stipulated timelines
- Communicate key conference information to team members
- Identify target audience and potential sponsors to ensure commercial success
- Write promotional copy for marketing purposes; copy-write for all conference collaterals including brochures, website content, emails and fax broadcasts.
- Communicate marketing and sponsorship plans, working closely with the various project team members to ensure all milestones of the events are on target
- Manage conference budget
- Oversee pre-conference preparation and on-site event management
- Assist in speaker liaison, before and after each conference
- Source for event collaboration opportunities with strategic partners
- Bachelor/Diploma in Business Studies/Administration/Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel/Event Management and/or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experiences in Events/Exhibitions/MICE industry
- Excellent in managing and co-ordinating projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized, meticulous and high level of drive to excel
- Demonstrate independence and ability to work well in a team
This job description sets out the duties of the position at the time that it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time per business needs without changing the general character of the duties.