The Global Process Owners team are responsible for overseeing and leading change in the Shared Service Organisation. This involves collecting and consolidating Shared Service performance data, leading continuous improvement initiatives to improve the performance and effectiveness of the SSO, as well as ensuring that the SSO drives compliance through the Informa business. The role will report to the Head of Global Process Owners.
The Global Process Owner is responsible for the end to end process in their assigned process stream. They must lead and facilitate their process community to ensure that the needs of the business are being identified, evaluated and prioritised.
The Global Process Owner is responsible for the documented definition, innovation and change management of the Global Process in their assigned process stream and for ensuring the adoption and development of leading, best practice processes.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to. You must also ensure that duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
Informa takes the security and privacy of company, colleague and customer data seriously and you are responsible for working securely and supporting this within your duties
The Global Process Owner is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- To provide global leadership, direction and oversight for Informa’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (SAP & Oracle).
- To drive the implementation of process changes that support the appropriate blend of automated and manual process solutions.
- To be accountable for assuring successful implementation of standard global processes, evaluating end-to-end performance and affecting necessary design or execution adjustments.
- To communicate with external peer groups and professional associations to identify trends in processing, technology, service offerings, and sourcing and emerging markets.
- To be responsible for identifying level of resources required to successfully implement changes to the business process.
- Maintenance and prioritisation of your stream’s road map ensuring that a central repository of initiatives is logged and maintained.
- To own your process streams SOPs and training material and ensure that they are kept up to date as changes are implemented
- Continuously benchmarking internal processes against best practices to determine gaps, opportunities for improvement, and alignment with commercial design requirements.
- Ensure that the company’s strategies and goals are implemented within your sphere of influence.
- Ensure that you maintain a high level of engagement from members of your stream.
- Communicate key strategy messages and performance metrics to your stream via Global Communities of Practice and other informal meetings.
- Monitor your stream’s performance indicators to help analyse non-compliance with its overall delivery and quality performance metrics.
- Help identify corrective actions when metrics indicate non-compliance, with the relevant other parties.
- Take an active role in key Global Support projects, initiatives, acquisitions or disposals that impact your process and team.
What we’re looking for
- Motivates, inspires and acts as a leader amongst your process stream and your peers.
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy to formulate trust at all levels.
- Excellent, proactive communication skills.
- Wide variety of communication styles and the ability to understand your audience and tailor your style accordingly.
- A continuous improvement mind-set with focus on the betterment of both your process stream and Global Support.
- Understands the impact of change both locally and in the global environment.
- Looks to find the root cause of issues and knowledge of when to use quick wins or long term solutions.
- Uses measurements and data rather than intuition when problem solving.
- Influential and able to communicate rationale behind thought processes.
- Self-motivated, driven and open to new challenges.
- Ability to remain calm and focussed whilst under pressure.
- Immersive and impactful presentation skills.
- Demonstrable success in balancing the needs of the business with required quality of service.
- Remain skilled and informed of best practice within your process area by utilising appropriate resources.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills to be able to extract and report performance metrics
- Proven project management ability.
- Qualified accountant (eg ACA, CIMA etc)
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the mechanics in your process stream (R2R, P2P, O2C) and how these fit into the wider global environment.
- Highly skilled in coaching and mentoring of non-direct reports with advanced influencing abilities.
- Knowledge of working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows.
- A track record of continuous professional and management development to personal skillset.
- Knowledge of dealing with mergers, acquisitions and disposals.
- Lean Six Sigma experience/qualification preferred
- Knowledge of best practice in programme, project and change management.
- Recognised project management qualification preferred (e.g PRINCE2, PMP, Agile).
What’s in it for you
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to drive the strategic agenda in Informa Shared Services which will contribute to the long-term underlying growth of Informa Group. You will have an opportunity to work across various divisions and with multiple stakeholders globally.
The ideal candidate will be exposed to working across a large complex programme with multiple inter and intra dependencies, across multiple ERP landscapes (mainly SAP and Oracle) and multiple processes across Shared Service Organisations.